Old songs and where you were

I still remember the songs of the late 70s and early 80s from when I was young, people complain about 80s Pop being "cheesy" but it was way better than the current manufactured stuff and X Factor tripe IMO.

When you here an old song from the fifties and sixties does your memory come flooding back,can you remember where you were,who you were seeing and do they bring back the good or bad times.Will todays youth be able to remember their times from todays music.

There's no reason to think otherwise.

1960 was 50 years ago....imagine that your parents said "the best music was 50 years before you were born".....What year would they be talking about? and would you believe them?

No because even though I was born in 1951 I have heard earlier music on radio and records and there is no other music like to 60's

There is, the music of the 60's was legendary, todays is a pile of poo:hihi::hihi: There's nobody to compare with Hendrix

a) That's not true.

b) Even if it was it doesn't have to be brilliant music to form strong memories linked to time and place.

No because even though I was born in 1951 I have heard earlier music on radio and records and there is no other music like to 60's

Oh yeah, 60s music was excellent, the early Cliff Richard stuff, the Beatles and their ilk, all classics, I only wish I was about 10 years older so I could've been born in the mid 60s, trouble is that would mean my Parents would be in their 70s.

Archived