Old songs and where you were

a) That's not true.

b) Even if it was it doesn't have to be brilliant music to form strong memories linked to time and place.

It is true, there never was a decade like the sixties, nor will there be again.

It was the decade of the greatest change in all walks of life, from music to political and sexual revolution.

It was also the decade in which mankind reached our peak.

The human race has been in descendancy ever since.

The funniest thing I ever heard was Julie Felix singing 'Popas Taking Us to The Zoo' at the Isle of Wight in 1970, I think it was.

When Dylan threw his strop, and flounced off in his helicopter.

She had been cheered on and on, and sang every song in her repertoire, and still we were calling for more.

She said, 'this only one I know now', and launched into that.(it had been a money earner for her abit earlier)

In front of 250,000 hippys, and associatted freaks.

It brought the house down!!:D:hihi:

What a performer she was that day.

"Every generation blames the one before "..Mike and the Mechanics

You get the drift !!..just in answer to halibuts reply about remembering todays music ..he is correct

You are trying to compare them to the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Cream etc.

Not a chance, they may have been some kind of poets, but they were not coloured.

Before them even greater ones, Elvis, Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash.

They are the greats of which never the like shall be seen again.

Can you imagine what the audience of X factor would make of Cream?:hihi:

Quote:

Originally Posted by bullerboY

When you here an old song from the fifties and sixties does your memory come flooding back,can you remember where you were,who you were seeing and do they bring back the good or bad times.Will todays youth be able to remember their times from todays music.

There's no reason to think otherwise.

Are you having a giraffe, to-days music is mass produced, syntheticaly enhanced, total garbage - music does not even come into it.

Most performed by half naked females, and spotty faced prepubescent youth's. Compared with the Stones, Beatles, Hollies, Jethro Tull, Helen Shapiro and Dusty Springfield they are midgets of the "pop" world.

Born in 1950, I was right in the middle of probably the best music era that will ever be, the magic 60's.

Angel.

When you here an old song from the fifties and sixties does your memory come flooding back,can you remember where you were,who you were seeing and do they bring back the good or bad times.Will todays youth be able to remember their times from todays music.

There's no reason to think otherwise.

It is true, there never was a decade like the sixties, nor will there be again.

It was the decade of the greatest change in all walks of life, from music to political and sexual revolution.

It was also the decade in which mankind reached our peak.

The human race has been in descendancy ever since.

Regardless or not of whether there was ever a decade like the 60s...

the question was "will today's youth remember their times from today's music?", to which I also can't think of any reason why they wouldn't. :confused:

Are you having a giraffe, to-days music is mass produced, syntheticaly enhanced, total garbage - music does not even come into it.

Most performed by half naked females, and spotty faced prepubescent youth's. Compared with the Stones, Beatles, Hollies, Jethro Tull, Helen Shapiro and Dusty Springfield they are midgets of the "pop" world.

Born in 1950, I was right in the middle of probably the best music era that will ever be, the magic 60's.

Angel.

So in years to come, you will recognise synthetically enhanced, total garbage as 2011 (+/-10years), which answers the OPs question :)

Archived