Old songs and where you were

You are trying to compare them to the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Cream etc.

Not a chance, they may have been some kind of poets, but they were not coloured.

Before them even greater ones, Elvis, Carl Perkins, Johnny Cash.

They are the greats of which never the like shall be seen again.

Can you imagine what the audience of X factor would make of Cream?:hihi:

Im not comparing them to anyone ,ask 100 of the youth of today to name a Stones song 99 probably wont be able to name one but they will know all of Beyonce's or Coldplay etc..thats what I was trying to get across and so was Halibut,I remember when I was young in the sixties and my Mother used to get on about the singers in her era I'd never heard of them.Artistes come and artistes go some will last, a lot will not.

Im not comparing them to anyone ,ask 100 of the youth of today to name a Stones song 99 probably wont be able to name one but they will know all of Beyonce's or Coldplay etc..thats what I was trying to get across and so was Halibut,I remember when I was young in the sixties and my Mother used to get on about the singers in her era I'd never heard of them.Artistes come and artistes go some will last, a lot will not.

I think you may be surprised my daughter is 15 and plays lots of old stuff from The Beatles, Led Zep to The Cure and The Smiths, so I think youngsters can appreciate older music.

First time I heard Jona Lewie's 'Stop The Cavalry' was on the coach to my first ever demo in 1980 (against Rhodes Byson's cuts). It was an icy day. The coach arrived 5 hours late in London with tailbacks en route. We arrived at Hyde Park as everyone else was leaving. We turned around got back on the coach and faced an equally long and frustrating journey back. We stopped nothing that day.

I think you may be surprised my daughter is 15 and plays lots of old stuff from The Beatles, Led Zep to The Cure and The Smiths, so I think youngsters can appreciate older music.

No Im not surprised ,obviously some children will cotton on to their parents choice of music ,what does worry me though is her taste in music from the past,I mean The Cure and The Smiths come on give the poor kid a break

Archived