These guys have to go

The Lib Dems are ruing the day now that they didn't choose to form a government with the Labour party. Lets be honest it couldn't have been any worse.

Labour and Lib-Dems together don't have a majority and couldn't get one even with the smaller parties. Labour only got 29% of the vote and were massively discredited. So in terms of numbers and legitimacy there was no way a Labour-Lib Dem coalition was possible. In any case if it had been possible it would have been doing more or less what the present government is doing i.e. sorting out Labour's mess.

Labour and Lib-Dems together don't have a majority and couldn't get one even with the smaller parties. Labour only got 29% of the vote and were massively discredited. So in terms of numbers and legitimacy there was no way a Labour-Lib Dem coalition was possible. In any case if it had been possible it would have been doing more or less what the present government is doing i.e. sorting out Labour's mess.

I was under the impression that the Lib Dems did speak to Labour about forming a government?

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/the-staggers/2010/11/lib-dems-labour-cuts-pledge

I'm not only talking about the economy in relation to policy because the Labour and Lib Dems may have indeed followed the same line as the current government.

But I'm talking about other policy. ie Europe and student fees, springs to mind. I also said rank and file Lib Dems and not the spin the Lib Dem leadership are putting on the matter.

Well it would be interesting to know what the rank and file Lib Dems think. Unless you have inside information?

Sorry my bad I was :hihi::hihi: at this bit

Lets be honest it couldn't have been any worse.
A lib Lab coalition would have been a disaster.

Archived