These guys have to go

Trouble was a lot of those 4m out of work people were then employed in the public sector, the only area where the government could create jobs.

Did anybody really think that the private sector was going to be able to make enough jobs to take up the slack of the declining steel and coal industries, any more than they will be able to create enough jobs now?

Yes, George Osborne.

Whole books have been written, some by politicians themselves, on for whom the people in Whitehall work so I won't pretend to know if the policies they're implementing now are because "it's best for the people" or otherwise. You can bet your bottom pound it's good for someone, or are we just going to let them play the incompetence card yet again?

Government policy is always a trade off between the people's interests and special interests. It's naive to think everything that doesn't go our way is somehow "failed policy".

Have you all voted in the poll?

I am minded to call for a vote of no confidence in Parliament, but at the moment the only thing I have confidence in is voter apathy.

To pursue a vote of no confidence in something or someone you need an alternative for people to consider.....otherwise you look a fool

Have you all voted in the poll?

I am minded to call for a vote of no confidence in Parliament, but at the moment the only thing I have confidence in is voter apathy.

To pursue a vote of no confidence in something or someone you need an alternative for people to consider.....otherwise you look a fool

I disagree.

Do you decide which new car to buy before you decide to retire the old one?

Or do you first decide you need a new one, and then look at what the options are?

Do you cold call or work in advertising? "Could" "Can" "Might" etc .. yeah right

Many countries that don't have all that I listed have mass employment in manufacturing, as did we before we introduced them (you can even include a large chunk of the service industry too while we're at it). Are you saying this isn't true?

I asked a question, and not a rhetorical one. I don't know the answer, hence why I asked. No one every seems to come up with an answer that is viable.

So your plan is..............?

Hopefully we will find the master-plan, when he/she answers :)

I disagree.

Do you decide which new car to buy before you decide to retire the old one?

Or do you first decide you need a new one, and then look at what the options are?

Yes but, having decided you need a new car, you don't get rid of the old one before looking a new one in case all the options for a new one are all worse than your current car.

Yawn, yawn, yawn.

Which "non jobs" are you talking about? And don't just pick one extreme example, tell us who you think is doing a non job. Teachers? Nurses? Firemen? People processing the job claims of the public servants you are glad to see on the dole? Border agency staff? Immigration officers? Prison officers? The list goes on.

Which of those are "non jobs"?

Teachers. Incredibly bad outcomes (producing the most illiterate kids in Europe - don't tell me, it's all the parents fault) And that includes exam grade inflation and telling the kids what questions will be asked...

Nurses. I think you're living in the past if you still think nurses are caring, compassionate people. Ever heard of 'too posh to wash'?

Firemen. Again, behind the times. Don't you know, since 9/11 they're Fire Fighters? A suitably-heroic name for these heroes who put out chip pan fires and get cats out of trees. Oh, and who usually have 2 or 3 jobs on the side.

Border Agency Staff and Immigration Officers. Don't make me laugh. A great job they're doing!

You said 'and don't just pick one extreme example' and went on to pick several. Dinner ladies, office clerks, most porters and other job-shy people in the NHS.

A couple of million of this kind of people could be got rid of and nobody would notice. But you know why public sector 'workers' think they're so indispensible? Because most of them have never done a job in the real world so have nothing to compare it with.

Archived