These guys have to go

Yes I am talking about this govt policy, I totally disagree that payments will be less on the dole, young people get a crap wage to start with and have to pay all bills, when on benefits its not just dole money, its the assistance with rent, rates and everything else that they get and that applies to all who rely on benefits. Why do you think that we have the element of people who are better off on benefits than working

You're mixing a few different groups up here...there are some people who would never take a job no matter how many vacancies there were...

You're mixing a few different groups up here...there are some people who would never take a job no matter how many vacancies there were...

I am not mixing up the groups, but yes you are correct these groups of people do exist. Its these guys that Cameron is aiming his hit squad at, whether that works or not remains to be seen, I certainly hope so.

This thread is great, I feel we basically feel the same, but, we ofcourse do have different opinions on how things are handled, but deep down we all want the same thing, a better standard of living and I want that for us all. Problem is we are unsure how to get what we want, so what about right here right now, we all get our heads together and see what we CAN do. At the moment are are just expressing view points. Does anyone know where we can start to try and put things right, the voice of the people should be whats heard and what counts.

HIghest unemployment figures for 17 yrs, did these idiots not think that the result of all these lay offs would result in massive benefit pay outs. Time needs to be up and get this set of idiots out tbefore they bring us all to our knees

The Tories want unemployment to rise. Its in their blood. More out of work means lower wages and higher profits for their pals.

The Tories want unemployment to rise. Its in their blood. More out of work means lower wages and higher profits for their pals.

The very reason I would never vote Tory, this situation was the same as in Thatcher times. At least interest rates are not at the same height, be thankful for small mercies

The very reason I would never vote Tory, this situation was the same as in Thatcher times. At least interest rates are not at the same height, be thankful for small mercies

Cheap credit caused the problems if interest rates had been raised in 2002 -2003 we wouldn't have this problem.

Problem is we are unsure how to get what we want, so what about right here right now, we all get our heads together and see what we CAN do. At the moment are are just expressing view points. Does anyone know where we can start to try and put things right, the voice of the people should be whats heard and what counts.

Call a public meeting to discuss the question. Call for a vote on it at the meeting.

Do it properly and the meeting is legally recognised.

The vote may not be binding upon anybody, but it is unarguably a democratic voice.

The relevant question now is: what is the actual question we should be debating?

Maybe the vote of no confidence we discussed earlier...

Cheap credit caused the problems if interest rates had been raised in 2002 -2003 we wouldn't have this problem.

I am referring to interest rates when they were at 15%. I agree that credit was too available, but income made your debt affordable, well it did in my case. I now have agreements in place with my creditors as my income has shrunk by half this year. Therefore I will never have another card again, I am enjoying paying for everything with cash and dont accept credit card payments and it has not lost me any business.

Call a public meeting to discuss the question. Call for a vote on it at the meeting.

Do it properly and the meeting is legally recognised.

The vote may not be binding upon anybody, but it is unarguably a democratic voice.

The relevant question now is: what is the actual question we should be debating?

Maybe the vote of no confidence we discussed earlier...

That and what we as the people from all walks of life are going to do about it, demonstrations to be effective must be void of all violence so as much as I think we need a revolution, violent methods are not my way. Acrions speak louder than words so if we did want to have a meeting, we need to think about how we would do things. We all sit at home saying why dont they do bla bla bla, if we can see another way round that makes more sense why cant they, so its matters like that we need to tackle, one at a time to make sure we get it right. To do this we would need someone who can guide us on parlimentary funding.

Archived