Forced back to work with a slipped disc

perhaps if you'd done 2 eights instead of one 16, it would've been ok. Think yourself lucky you are employed, you can have days off sick and still get paid. Me: I am self employed, and if I don't work, I get nowt. And still have to pay my bills.

so am i .

but thats the price we pay for not having an arsehole boss to answer to.

I was self employed and had to continue working, it was painfull, but the pain eventualy eased and now I'm fine.

Treating a slipped disc

It is very important to keep active if you have been diagnosed with a slipped disc. You may find it difficult to move around immediately after experiencing a slipped disc. If you are in severe pain, you may need to rest completely for the first couple of days. However, after this period, you should start to move around as soon as you can. This will keep your back mobile and will speed up your recovery.

ive got a lloyds tens machine aswell thats brilliant.

i did rest for 2 days but i find the more i move around walking ect it eases it no end:|

They are sadly clamping down on paying out for sickness.

My mate who had a bad back and who had mobility problems had his sickness benefits stopped.

Apparently, after 20 years on the sick he was suddenly fit for work it seemed.

He was seen crossing the finishing line after completing the London Marathon on the TV. One of his neighbours shopped him to the fraud team, not good

I'd say very good to a story like that one, as opposed to not good. He should also have to pay back 20 years of sick fiddle.

<<<and lets be fair you earn more being self employedand lets not forget the tax return joys,>>>>

What total tosh. Don't judge we self employed by your own standards.

what total tosh, every site i have worked on the self employed are on more money, and like i said people on PAYE cant get a accountant to get them a big tax return back

I was self employed and had to continue working, it was painfull, but the pain eventualy eased and now I'm fine.

Treating a slipped disc

It is very important to keep active if you have been diagnosed with a slipped disc. You may find it difficult to move around immediately after experiencing a slipped disc. If you are in severe pain, you may need to rest completely for the first couple of days. However, after this period, you should start to move around as soon as you can. This will keep your back mobile and will speed up your recovery.

Forgive me for saying this, but aren't you lucky that the injury didn't result in a lifelong issue that won't go away with rest and which causes constant pain?

Working through the pain is not advisable in some instances, particularly if you're working in circumstances which can prove dangerous, like when working with machinery or vehicles where the pain can cause mistakes that can harm yourself or others.

Archived