War in Iraq now over.

The President of America has stated the the war in Iraq is now finished and it has been a "Success". How can he possibly say that ? 4,500 mostly young working class american soldiers dead, thousands seriously injured, thousands of innocent civillians killed and wounded in Iraq. You honestly think you have left behind a "stable" country Obama ?. Mr President you make me want to puke ! Now for Iran...........Heaven help us all !

There was a news item on a news channel this morning on Iraq. Many Iraqi women are now scared to death that the country may become one based on Islamic law and see womens rights as going back to the stone age. Under Saddam women enjoyed rights not shared by women in other mid east countries. Alcohol and tobacco were allowed and women free to wear western style clothing.

The original Christian population which enjoyed protection under Saddam has now shrunk to about half that size and those who are left are in fear of their lives. A christian priest was arrested in 2006 and kept in prison for al ong period of time and at one time was certain that he would be executed.

Will Iraq fall under the increasing influence of Iran?

As for Iraqi casualties dont blame the US for most of those. When Saddam went down the Sunnis and Shiites embarked on an all out tribal war

The President of America has stated the the war in Iraq is now finished and it has been a "Success". How can he possibly say that ? 4,500 mostly young working class american soldiers dead, thousands seriously injured, thousands of innocent civillians killed and wounded in Iraq. You honestly think you have left behind a "stable" country Obama ?. Mr President you make me want to puke ! Now for Iran...........Heaven help us all !

Holy crap, there's so many things wrong with your post I don't know where to start.

p.s. You sound soooo bitter

Holy crap, there's so many things wrong with your post I don't know where to start.

p.s. You sound soooo bitter

Would your cycnicism be due to the fact that David Cameron supported Blair's blind sycophancy in invading Iraq? Bush-Blair-Cameron - one moron, two poodles.

After a few thousand dead US troops, a good few British and other nationalities, who know how many Iraqis and the total destruction of the country; what exactly makes the US claim they have achieved anything?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-16186136

US President Barack Obama has marked the end of the Iraq war by applauding the "extraordinary achievement" of US troops in a conflict he firmly opposed.

How many US troops were killed by Saddam before the invasion and how much of a threat was Saddam to the world?

The US arms industry did rather well out of it and Blair made a few million quid in commission but I'm struggling to see what the achievements are.

Can anyone help me?

Archived