Bad experience at delhi junction

kiran

hi,

i just wanted you people to know about the experience we had at delhi junction restaurantabbeydale road south, near dore.

we decided to go out for dinner on friday evening(me+my wife and son).we reached quite early at about 6:50 pm.let me tell you at this point that we are an asian family(indian decent).

when we entered , we were approached by the manager(asian -pakistani descent) who asked us whether we had reservation.we didnt!!he said it was fully booked for the evening!!we saw that all the tables were empty except one.i brought this to this persons attention-who said that they were very full and was trying to show me the door.

i was made to feel very unwelcome there.

maybe its my colour/descent.i dont know.but i feel that the general attitude was to unwelcome asian people into this anglo-indian-brassierie.

i was really angry at their attitude mainly towards us.i have decided never to enter such a place where a person is judged by his colour/descent.i am sure these people must be giving a better service to the so called sahibs!!!

Maybe it had nothing to do with colour and the fact it was a saturday night in december!! All the restaurants i know of in town were full. If you dont make a reservation and they say they are full unfortunately that is your fault, you should have called in advance. Just because tables are empty does not mean a restaurant isn't full. Those tables may well have had reservations between 7 and 8 and it would not have been possible to serve you in time and seat the people that had called for a reservation as well. I think it sounds like a case of using colour as an excuse, plus it recently got a terrific write up in the star and who heard of a racist indian restaurant that won't serve indians?

Actually I think you probably will find it was simply fully booked. Generally with Delhi Junction everyone does book a table in advance as it is that sort of restaurant, with an upmarket image. Friday and Saturday nights will be the most popular.

One of the good things about such establishments is that you won't be rushed to hurry up and eat up and go so they can use your table for someone else, so arriving early and using the table before those that have reserved it arrive won't fit with their style, as they will probably have to hurry the service and get rid of you in an hour after sitting down!

Although not being there myself to see, I'm sure it was the above practacalities and not race that was the problem.

Archived