Maggie May's, has anyone been?

Hammerhead

I went in bt I could not see many young girls or guys in ... is this the sort of bar to attract oldies over 40 only ?

Hi Roger.I think its where alot of the over 40s go.

We cant be doing with all the younger ones body popping or whatever they call it now.Plays havoc with the hip replacements.

I tried doing that Beyonce dance.Christ i ached for a week when the lager had worn off.lol

There seems to be one or two places opening up to the older clients.

The Bessemer and Leopold sq seem popular with us older ones.

I think,its because those aged 45 and above have had their children and paid their mortgages or separated/divorced who want to re-live some of their youth.

Our generation were probably the first in the disco era of the late 70s and 80s,who love to have a good time and chat,cort,dance and drink without having to put up with the antics of the younger crowd.

Dont get me wrong,i was once a young couldnt careless young un and i too got upto alsorts.But there seemed to be less of the older generation than when we were younger goiing down town.

Sometimes,like a few more,would mock them (im sorry to say)for being there.

But with age.Comes wisdom (i think?)

So its nice to go to places like that,Where we can show our bus passes to gain admittance lol

Archived