Maggie May's, has anyone been?

Hammerhead

One review:

Subject:

new years eve

Hi, would just like to say that on New Years Eve me and my husband and three other couples came into your bar on Holly Street for the first time. The music was fantastic, the atmosphere good, bar staff friendly, what a fantastic place to bring in the new year, will definately be coming again. Thanks Dawn

Hi, I have to say that the music was great but it's not somewhere I would go to regularly. It's too low and dark and when there's a few in it feels really crowded plus if you're not near the stage end of the bar you feel away from the action. The food is nice but the wine is ever so expensive. The beer is more expensive than some other city centre venues as well.

We tried here just before Christmas and also found it expensive, we didn't eat as there was an odd smell on that particular night (possibly vomit it was the Friday before xmas eve and in town some were in a state) but we did like the music and general atmosphere we decided to give it a month or so and try it again, hopefully they will have adjusted the overpriced drinks and it will be appealing to eat there next time.

Personally wouldn't take the dog for a meal It's freezing cold in there smells of smoke the food is rubbish try down the road next to the pet shop first class.

I think you're talking about the cafe that goes by the same name in Hillsborough. I've been in to Maggie May's bar in town a few times for food and it's excellent. Checked out their website and it all comes from local places around here too. Would recommend it to everyone.

Archived