Halfords Ripping off customers?

He was saying about being ripped off at Halfords all though he did not get ripped off as he went somewhere else I was trying to explain what Halfords are all about, basically what do you expect when you go there, if you dont like the price float,there are loads of other places and a lot cheaper and better than them.

He was saying about being ripped off at Halfords all though he did not get ripped off as he went somewhere else I was trying to explain what Halfords are all about, basically what do you expect when you go there, if you dont like the price float,there are loads of other places and a lot cheaper and better than them.

Yes I know..I gathered quite early in the thread what he was saying :) .. you were the one who brought trade into the discussion..unless I misunderstood..

Whatever you buy, of course it's free choice. You choose to pay what you think something is worth. Or if there isn't a choice, whatever they charge.

Fortunately that day, I did have a choice. But it still didn't stop me thinking the price was excessive. Had the other place not been open, I wouldn't have had a choice, and I'd have been stuck with either paying the price, or doing without (which at the time was positively dangerous).

Fortunately that day, I did have a choice. But it still didn't stop me thinking the price was excessive. Had the other place not been open, I wouldn't have had a choice, and I'd have been stuck with either paying the price, or doing without (which at the time was positively dangerous).

So you'd have been paying for the service/convenience offered as well as the item...I'm not in retail nor a huge fan of Halford's but they do provide a service for some..I use a small local motor factors or most of the bits I need...

So you'd have been paying for the service/convenience offered as well as the item...I'm not in retail nor a huge fan of Halford's but they do provide a service for some..I use a small local motor factors or most of the bits I need...

Well Yes, I suppose you're right. But the experience (for me) only went to underline the fact that it's significantly more than I would pay elsewhere (for that particular item).

In a word, it makes you stop and think twice! (sorry that's more than a word!:hihi:)

Well Yes, I suppose you're right. But the experience (for me) only went to underline the fact that it's significantly more than I would pay elsewhere (for that particular item).

In a word, it makes you stop and think twice! (sorry that's more than a word!:hihi:)

Yep,they have higher prices, it always pays to try to plan and shop round I suppose...

Archived