Circuit breaker tripping randomly, any suggestions?

Nagel

Do not ignore an RCD tripping it is there for a reason, to protect your installation and most important your lives.

It will take less than 60 seconds to check the Earth Fault Loop Impeadence with the correct equipment.

Please do not ignore it, it could cost you your life.

I think you just like saying Earth Fault Loop Impeadance, you talk about it continuously. ;)

it is very important though ! Impedance = resistance and your protection at home depends on the earthing being right and the breakers/rcds/fuses disconnecting the power quickly in a fault. there is a reason why there power is going off, it might be minor (faulty rcd or plugged in equipment) or it might be more serious- within the wiring. wont take long for someone to find out whats up.

A bad earth in our house in Cornwall caused a breaker not to trip when a stove ring went short on the cooking stove. the earth was clamped to a water pipe, so that whenever my wifeand her friend touched a tap or anything like that they quickly found out what 230 volts felt like. The thing was that my wife's friend had come over for aa bath since she lived in a trailer without one. Had my wife turned on that ring while she was in the bath doesn't bear thiinking about.

Archived