Was Bomber Grahmn Too Good For His Own Career??

old tup

I could be wrong about this but in my opinion in the boxing game the best fighter doesn,t always become the champion!.Take Bomber Grahmn for instance in his era all you ever heard of was Nigel Benn and Chris Eubanks,as good as they were Bomber would make either of them look bad!.Its all about matchmaking if a fighter looks too much of a threat sidestep him,freeze him out insuring your man has an easier ride.Remember all the hype with Bruno they put him in with stiff after stiff,as soon as he met anybody half competant he was laid out proving my point.If a fighter wins a title by a narrow margin if his opponent gave him a hard time a rematch is rare unless there is a large purse to be gained,one of the only British fighters to take on all commers was Joe Calzage now there is a real fighter never defeated ever!.Am I right or am I wrong what do you say??.:confused::confused:

He was definitely avoided. But he didn't help himself by losing fights that would have put him in a position where he couldn't be avoided.

Herol was the most physically talented Brit fighter I've ever seen. But his knack of snatching defeat from victory was astonishing.

On paper he would have handily beaten Eubank & Benn but I suspect he have somehow conspired to lose to both!

Yes the Julian Jackson fight he was on the point of winning all he had to do was stay away from him maybe for the round as the doctor was looking at his eye between rounds but he got caught with agreat punch shame he didn't keep his hands up for them 3mins.

I was at that fight in Benalmadena the ref was going to stop the fight as Jackson punch landed.

Archived