Why are violent or drug using men so fertile? it goes against nature

This is sadly true. Also, as I have observed throughout my adult life, alpha males, no matter how utterly abhorrent they are in their treatment of women, or how lacking they are in the kind of qualities one would expect to look for in a life long mate, seem to have no difficulties in attracting willing females. It's positively primal. :(

I agree. I recall the expression, "Treat 'em mean, keep 'em keen" told to me many years ago and it seems to work so well. I used to get nowhere with my 'touchy, feely feminist perspective and my 'bloke' mates were scoring all over the place.

I think there are issues around educating women as to what an equal and caring relationship really is and we have to address this predominantly Muslim, Hindu and Sikh rubbish that expects women to be at the behest of their man.

We are not talking about women being at the behest of men.

Again, is there any other animal in the animal kingdom (be it a goldfish. robin red breast, elephant) where the most useless of the male species pass on there genes?

Can you imagine David Attenbrough doing a piece on Tigers if this was the case?

"Over here we have Graham (the wildlife programe makers always give the animals human names), a truely dominant Tiger male, he is a brilliant hunter and can easily kill a buffalo , he fights, he commands his area - yet is infertile, and cannot gain interest from Helen, the local female Tigress"

"Yet over here, we have Barry, he is lazy, he never hunts and when he trys is unable to catch a tortoise as he is not fast enough, he does not have the strength to kill a mouse, yet he is father to 25 baby tigers, who equally are unable to do anything. A female tigress called Karen comes over....."

We are not talking about women being at the behest of men.

Again, is there any other animal in the animal kingdom (be it a goldfish. robin red breast, elephant) where the most useless of the male species pass on there genes?

Can you imagine David Attenbrough doing a piece on Tigers if this was the case?

"Over here we have Graham (the wildlife programe makers always give the animals human names), a truely dominant Tiger male, he is a brilliant hunter and can easily kill a buffalo , he fights, he commands his area - yet is infertile, and cannot gain interest from Helen, the local female Tigress"

"Yet over here, we have Barry, he is lazy, he never hunts and when he trys is unable to catch a tortoise as he is not fast enough, he does not have the strength to kill a mouse, yet he is father to 25 baby tigers, who equally are unable to do anything. A female tigress called Karen comes over....."

And over here we have Shazza, the stupid female that lets Barry ride her like a bike day in, day out!

Takes 2 to tango!

Now does this not go against natural selection?

If "nice guys finish last" then the answer is no.

If women like "bad boys" then the answer is no.

For natural selection to have an effect, breeding must occur. Those that breed more are by definition, successful in passing on their genes.

Fertility doesn't really come into it. I doubt if these individuals are more fertile than other men, it's just that they have more opportunities to have sex with women who don't seem to exercise much control over their own fertility.

Archived