TV reception (Picture Freezing)

kay1

Since the switchover I had a freeview box put on the portable TV in the bedroom, and they brought the ariel from the main ariel through to the bedroom for this TV the reception on this is fine, but on my TV downstairs since this box was put on I keep getting a freezing of the picture and sometimes I get a message on the screen no signal. Any suggestions?

Signal not strong enough to power both? Is the down stairs one OK if you unplug this one?

I do not use both at the same time I have dis-connected free view box but the same still happens to downstairs TV. The picture on portable is perfect

Does not matter if both tvs are in use, splitting the signal from the aerial cuts it by at least 50% depending on the type and quality of the splitter used (unless it's an amplified splitter which will have a power supply).

A portable tv will generally work on a much lower signal than a large tv hence the deterioration of the picture on the main tv after the split.

Was going to ask if it was a powered splitter. If it makes you feel any better my Humax PVR has been a nightmare recently, I stared a thread about it!

I've got the Humax, only had a problem after the last software update, cured it by doing a manual retune, it had been tuning in to Crosspool instead of Emley Moor.

• 4 months later...
Since the switchover I had a freeview box put on the portable TV in the bedroom, and they brought the ariel from the main ariel through to the bedroom for this TV the reception on this is fine, but on my TV downstairs since this box was put on I keep getting a freezing of the picture and sometimes I get a message on the screen no signal. Any suggestions?

switch the power off at the wall for 2 mins then turn back on ,, hey presto:|:|

Archived