He can't go out to work unless he earns £1500 per month.

I totally get what you're saying Frank, but don't forget that my point was about self respect, not cash. I would love to see our systems redesigned so that folk want to do something more.

How does that happen?

Is motivation all about benefits, not disadvantage?

I totally get what you're saying Frank, but don't forget that my point was about self respect, not cash. I would love to see our systems redesigned so that folk want to do something more.

How does that happen?

Is motivation all about benefits, not disadvantage?

Is it just me or do we always seem to have these crack down on scroungers when unemployment is high....that's always puzzled me..:huh: There's no jobs and still the government is kicking people off the sick, making those in employment work into old age, while making it more difficult for young people to afford to study.. Now we're trying to get some couch spuds to show some self respect...:D.:suspect:

I never called anyone a scrounger. That's your conclusion.

You're plain wrong if you say that it's more difficult for young people to study - it's easier... and cheaper. To be honest, if somebody can't work that out for themselves then they probably aren't the sort of person who should have a university education wasted on them.

Summary: Yep, it's tough out there. Deal with it.

Is it just me or do we always seem to have these crack down on scroungers when unemployment is high....that's always puzzled me..:huh: There's no jobs and still the government is kicking people off the sick, making those in employment work into old age, while making it more difficult for young people to afford to study.. Now we're trying to get some couch spuds to show some self respect...:D.:suspect:

If older people are working longer they are keeping the jobs which younger people would normally fill surely

I never called anyone a scrounger. That's your conclusion.

You're plain wrong if you say that it's more difficult for young people to study - it's easier... and cheaper. To be honest, if somebody can't work that out for themselves then they probably aren't the sort of person who should have a university education wasted on them.

Summary: Yep, it's tough out there. Deal with it.

I feel like Rip Van Winkle..It must have been a dream that tuition have increased. I swear there was a bit of a row about it... I was also under the impression that EMA had ended...not too sure about that one though...

Although, the point you make about having a university degree wasted on them is right. That's the point most of them are a waste of time. That many people have them these days that they're virtually worthless..We don't seem to have any plumbers, skilled steelworkers or a manufacturing industry though. That brigs us back to my earlier point in that we have some over educated pillock in government who thinks because he has a degree everybody should...

Successive goverments have made a right hash of things...

Its not tough out there unless you want it to be..

Archived