He can't go out to work unless he earns £1500 per month.

I know that's what I worked it out to...I might be wrong though..I reckon a family with two kids in rented accommodation would get that in benefits...
And that is the problem.

All they should get is vouchers for utility bills and food.

Your medical skills are amazing. You can assess and diagnose an illness without even seeing the person or their medical notes...:hihi:

Well if you google "opcd" you will find it doesnt exist - so its not hard to work out that its a mis-spelling and that its actually COPD...there ya go Sherlock, back under your bridge :P

Maximum fees are a bit higher than under Labour but the repayments have been pushed out far beyond where they were. There are predictions that most people will end up paying much less, if anything. Let's not forget who brought in tuition fees.

All the numbers are all in the student loan thread. Take a look and you'll get past the rhetoric.

According to the Student Loan Company website, assuming you are in employment, for courses commencing September 2012, you only start to repay your loan if your salary exceeds £21,000 (pre 2012 courses it is £15,000) - the interest rate for loans 2012 onwards is a minimum of RPI (currently 5.2%) (pre 2012 it is 1.5%)

Post 2012 loans are written off after 30 years (2005-2012 it is 25 years)

I'm not sure how you define cheaper, but just because you have to earn a bit more before you have to start to repay it, doesn't automatically mean you will pay less, and it does mean that most graduates will be paying for longer

Well if you google "opcd" you will find it doesnt exist - so its not hard to work out that its a mis-spelling and that its actually COPD...there ya go Sherlock, back under your bridge :P

i don't think the issue was the name of the disease, it was more a case of how do you know how severely she is affected by it just by reading a post on SF?

i don't think the issue was the name of the disease, it was more a case of how do you know how severely she is affected by it just by reading a post on SF?

I have chronic copd and have been advised NOT to work....some days I can hardly breath, and at night im coughing up all kinds of crap - However, some days are better than others, so stuff that, I will carry on as long as I can.

I have chronic copd and have been advised NOT to work....some days I can hardly breath, and at night im coughing up all kinds of crap - However, some days are better than others, so stuff that, I will carry on as long as I can.

which i think makes the point perfectly (if a little graphically!) - some people will find any excuse/reason not to work, whilst others will work come what may

Archived