First Time You Watched "Threads"? What Did You Think?

md00071

It's 27 years since the BBC first showed "Threads", so I think this can count as part of Sheffield's cultural history. I watched this film as a worried 12-year old, and to this day I still remember how I felt seeing such an incredibly terrifying film set in such a familiar place. I watched it recently on Youtube, and it stills sends the odd shiver hearing references to things like Mosborough fire station. How was everybody else affected by it?

The fact that the nuclear war in it starts in Iran is even more thought provoking...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2023790698427111488#

The first time I saw it I thought "That's my brother and his mate Geoff outside the City Hall" - and it was!

In the army in the late 80s they used it as a training film. I had to watch it at Catterick before spending 48 hours in an NBC environment - Ugh!!

I saw it the first time it was screened on TV. I remember thinking if that's what it is like after a nuclear attack, I hope the bomb drops straight on me.

The government tried to block it for being a bit to close to the truth ,which is why it should be repeated every few years .

Archived