Train booking tips please! I need a helpful bargain hunter..

I am trying to book 2 tickets from Sheffield or Doncaster to Durham on Sat 21st Jan about 9ish and coming back about 5ish on the the 22nd Jan. I found it for 30 quid each on my trainline app this morning but didnt fancy booking using that so just looked online and it is now coming up as £50 each! 2 hours later!

Does anyone know any tips or tricks for getting this cheaper? - the hotel has cost me a fortune! I really dont want to drive if I can help it so train needs to come in cheaper than petrol :)

Any help will be rewarded by a particularly delivious cyber mince pie

Joanne x

I am trying to book 2 tickets from Sheffield or Doncaster to Durham on Sat 21st Jan about 9ish and coming back about 5ish on the the 22nd Jan. I found it for 30 quid each on my trainline app this morning but didnt fancy booking using that so just looked online and it is now coming up as £50 each! 2 hours later!

Does anyone know any tips or tricks for getting this cheaper? - the hotel has cost me a fortune! I really dont want to drive if I can help it so train needs to come in cheaper than petrol :)

Any help will be rewarded by a particularly delivious cyber mince pie

Joanne x

Be flexible, change the times you travel. Select earlier outward journey and a later return. It might make a difference.

I am at work so unable to check for you.

Also, see about getting a single from Sheffield to York and then a single from York to Durham etc.

Archived