Its time for the Catholic Church to close..

Maybe it's time for ALL churches and places of worship to close. It would save money for a start, I'm sure the building maintenance and bills combined with the staff's wages amount to a fair whack.

If you believe in a god (any religion) I'm sure he/she/it can worshipped without the need for a dedicated building adorned with spangle and trinkets. If I worshipped, I think I'd rather do it on a quiet park bench out in the open, or on a bad weather day I could do it quite happily from a window looking out at the wind and rain.

Maybe it's time for ALL churches and places of worship to close. It would save money for a start, I'm sure the building maintenance and bills combined with the staff's wages amount to a fair whack.

If you believe in a god (any religion) I'm sure he/she/it can worshipped without the need for a dedicated building adorned with spangle and trinkets. If I worshipped, I think I'd rather do it on a quiet park bench out in the open, or on a bad weather day I could do it quite happily from a window looking out at the wind and rain.

My theory is also similar in that if there is a God and he or she is the loving being as claimed then he/she wouldn't want to be worshiped. Who would? I'd find it all a bit embarrassing...:D

[/b]

My theory is also similar in that if there is a God and he or she is the loving being as claimed then he/she wouldn't want to be worshiped. Who would? I'd find it all a bit embarrassing...:D

it depends if we're talking about the old testement god or the new testement god.

He definately seemed to chill out a bit in his old age.

[/b]

In addition to my earlier post, if someone believes the beauty of the world (nature etc) was created by God, it doesn't make sense to worship him indoors, in a man made place, where you can't appreciate God's work.

Archived