Its time for the Catholic Church to close..

Why won't religious types except the evolution evidence that is undeniable? I suppose in a thousand years or so, probably sooner, we'll be quite capable of creating life on another planet, will we be Gods then? All you need is a minute amount of water and oxygen and the process begins...

where did the oxygen and water come from if they were not created ?

where did the oxygen and water come from if they were not created ?

Matter can become energy and energy can become matter, matter can change form but it can’t be destroyed or created, as far as we know. This leads to the conclusion that the building blocks of matter have always existed.

I could go along with the theory that some superior form of life created the universe and life evolved over billions of years as it expanded. I can't go along, though, with the idea that this planet is being watched over by some God like creature. If we were created we are on our own, and I doubt there's an afterlife....

Matter can become energy and energy can become matter, matter can change form but it can’t be destroyed or created, as far as we know. This leads to the conclusion that the building blocks of matter have always existed.
Spot on Mr Smith.

Any idiot that can accept the theory that an eternal 'god' created everything around us, but cannot accept the theory that all matter is eternal so didn't require a creator is a complete nob. So endeth the first lesson. Anybody who can't grasp this simple concept after their first physics lesson must be seriously dumb.:loopy:

What’s closed minded about sticking to the topic, If you want to start a topic and discuss the good religion as done I will join the debate.

I didn’t understand the rest of your post.:huh:

You've just demonstrated my point that the atheist mentality among some of that persusaion, you included is one of "It's my way of the highway and I will brook no difference of opinion as to what I insist is the truth"

I hope you're not one of those people who like to get on a soap box in your local park and expound your particular opinions. You'd never be able to handle the reaction from your audience. A total nervous breakdown would be my scenario :hihi:

On any thread dealing with ths subject of religion or politics it's open to debate from all quarters. I think you'd better start learning that fact that is part of a discussion forum

Then you are an atheist?

No I am not. I am an Agnostic. I demand proof that there is a god as I demand proof that there isnt a god.

I'm not smart enough to have any positive theory on how the earth or the universe was created. Maybe the answer to that may be revealed after I'm dead if there is an afterlife of any sort that is.

The only reason i join these discussions is to point out that athiests have no more proof that god does not exist anymore than believers believe that god does exist. Furthermore I stick by my argument that people inspired by the belief in god have done some good in the world. A living example is the Salvation Army. Even the Catholic church for all it's sins have sent missions overseas to help the poor and needy in third world countries.

To write off the Church of Rome as being all bad and no good is just plain childish not to mention senseless

You've just demonstrated my point that the atheist mentality among some of that persusaion, you included is one of "It's my way of the highway and I will brook no difference of opinion as to what I insist is the truth"

I hope you're not one of those people who like to get on a soap box in your local park and expound your particular opinions. You'd never be able to handle the reaction from your audience. A total nervous breakdown would be my scenario :hihi:

On any thread dealing with ths subject of religion or politics it's open to debate from all quarters. I think you'd better start learning that fact that is part of a discussion forum

Sorry that made less sence than your last post. You are clearly trying to tell me something but I have no idea what it is. :huh:

Archived