Its time for the Catholic Church to close..

No I am not. I am an Agnostic. I demand proof that there is a god as I demand proof that there isnt a god.

I'm not smart enough to have any positive theory on how the earth or the universe was created. Maybe the answer to that may be revealed after I'm dead if there is an afterlife of any sort that is.

The only reason i join these discussions is to point out that athiests have no more proof that god does not exist anymore than believers believe that god does exist. Furthermore I stick by my argument that people inspired by the belief in god have done some good in the world. A living example is the Salvation Army. Even the Catholic church for all it's sins have sent missions overseas to help the poor and needy in third world countries.

To write of the Church of Rome as being all bad and no good is just plain childish not to mention senseless

You will be waiting a long time for that one because it is impossible to prove that something doesn't exist.

Spot on Mr Smith.

Any idiot that can accept the theory that an eternal 'god' created everything around us, but cannot accept the theory that all matter is eternal so didn't require a creator is a complete nob. So endeth the first lesson. Anybody who can't grasp this simple concept after their first physics lesson must be seriously dumb.:loopy:

You can obviously prove where this matter and energy originated from or is it just another theory that you are quoting.

You will be waiting a long time for that one because it is impossible to prove that something doesn't exist.

Then what's the point in atheists going around trying to comvince others of a theory they cant prove any more than a Witness knocking on my door trying to convince me of some of the outlandish beliefs that they adhere to?

You can obviously prove where this matter and energy originated from or is it just another theory that you are quoting.
No I can't. Just agreeing with the theory that god always existed .......... so matter must have also..... which negates a need for a god....or ... a creator.

As it can't be destroyed or created it must have always been there, I am happy with that until it is proved that it can be created or destroyed.

Then what's the point in atheists going around trying to comvince others of a theory they cant prove any more than a Witness knocking on my door trying to convince me of some of the outlandish beliefs that they adhere to?

Again it comes back to this is a discussion on a forum, it is the purpose of the forum, we aren't trying to prove anything we are just discussing religion.

What is the point in you entering a debate you have no interest in? Other than to tell us we should be debating because you know best.

Archived