Its time for the Catholic Church to close..

I agree completely, the molestation of kids by Catholic priests is the shame of the religeon; but not only is it illegal, they are trying to put a stop to it, even though they are doing so in a way that covers their backs as point one and protects the innocent as point two. The church is as corrupt as any business.

I'd just like to point out though, in comparrison, that the practice of thighing (google it if you aren't familiar with the term) is common in all islamic countries, including England and America. This practice is legal in islamic law, and encouraged by clerics in girls as young as babies.

The molextation of children by Catholic priests is aweful, and everybody involved in the acts, as well as the cover ups, should face public trials. But let's not forget that these acts are illegal, and performed by individuals who are not condoned by the religion.

The molextation of children by Catholic priests is aweful, and everybody involved in the acts, as well as the cover ups, should face public trials. But let's not forget that these acts are illegal, and performed by individuals who are not condoned by the religion.

No but you're wrong, the cover ups absolutely are condoned by the church. Right to the very highest level. The current pope himself was personally involved in the cover ups years ago, in his previous post before he was pope.

Despicable.

No but you're wrong, the cover ups absolutely are condoned by the church. Right to the very highest level. The current pope himself is personally responsible for silencing the victims, in his previous post before he was pope.

You don't seem to understand what I'm saying. The nature of the cover up is that it is hidden from the public, therefore is not condoned. The religion is nothing to do with it; these are actions of induviduals within the religion.

I agree completely, the molestation of kids by Catholic priests is the shame of the religeon; but not only is it illegal, they are trying to put a stop to it, even though they are doing so in a way that covers their backs as point one and protects the innocent as point two. The church is as corrupt as any business.

I'd just like to point out though, in comparrison, that the practice of thighing (google it if you aren't familiar with the term) is common in all islamic countries, including England and America. This practice is legal in islamic law, and encouraged by clerics in girls as young as babies.

That's what I mean the Catholic Church is not fit for purpose anymore...Thighing, I Googled it, that's sick as well.. Surely this is the Devils work....and not God's..

That's what I mean the Catholic Church is not fit for purpose anymore...Thighing, I Googled it, that's sick as well.. Surely this is the Devils work....and not God's..

I agree.

The Catholic church brings comfort to many, as do all religions, the problem is the leaders who govern it.

I envy those who believe, I wish I could; but it is run like a tyrinical business, I would be surprised if the Pope even belives God.

I agree.

The Catholic church brings comfort to many, as do all religions, the problem is the leaders who govern it.

I envy those who believe, I wish I could; but it is run like a tyrinical business, I would be surprised if the Pope even belives God.

He obviously doesn't or he'd be working in some orphanage in the third world, not sat on a throne in his palace...

Rich people cannot be true believers, their life is a contradiction..

You don't seem to understand what I'm saying. The nature of the cover up is that it is hidden from the public, therefore is not condoned. The religion is nothing to do with it; these are actions of induviduals within the religion.

The way you phrased it was not clear, it seemed as though you were also saying that the cover up was not condoned by the church, when it absolutely was, at all levels.

Besides, whilst the church doesn't condone raping children explicitly, it certainly does implicitly, by moving the priests caught up in the scandal to new parishes where they can find fresh victims instead of firing them and reporting them to the authorities.

The cover up does not show that they do not condone it, only that they care about their public image (significantly more than they care about the well being of the children in their care).

What you don't seem to realise, is that it's the cover up that is the worst part. It shows that the catholic church cares more about PR than stopping children from getting raped.

It would be unreasonable to expect the Catholic church to have a 100% success rate at identifying paedophiles and stopping them from having accesss to children, that is not what people are so angry about.

What is not unreasonable is to expect them to protect these children once the truth has come out, and at the very least, prevent the same priests from molesting more children.

I remember in my youth watching Sinead O'Connor ranting on about the Catholic Church and tearing a picture of the pope up. I also remember Frank Sinatra getting involved and requesting she leave the USA. At the time I thought she was bonkers but she was right, She's been banging on about this for decades...

Nearly two decades after the Irish singer Sinead O’Connor tore up a photograph of Pope John Paul II on “Saturday Night Live,” to protest what she said was the Vatican’s responsibility for child abuse, she has called on fellow Irish Catholics to boycott the church until Pope Benedict XVI makes “a full confession” and agrees to “a full criminal investigation” of the church’s role in concealing the sexual abuse of children by members of the clergy.

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/31/sinead-oconnor-calls-for-catholic-boycott/

The way you phrased it was not clear, it seemed as though you were also saying that the cover up was not condoned by the church, when it absolutely was, at all levels.

Besides, whilst the church doesn't condone raping children explicitly, it certainly does implicitly, by moving the priests caught up in the scandal to new parishes where they can find fresh victims instead of firing them and reporting them to the authorities.

What you don't seem to realise, is that it's the cover up that is the worst part. It shows that the catholic church cares more about PR than stopping children from getting raped.

It would be unreasonable to expect the Catholic church to have a 100% success rate at identifying paedophiles and stopping them from having accesss to children, that is not what people are so angry about.

What is not unreasonable is to expect them to protect these children once the truth has come out, and at the very least, prevent the same priests from molesting more children.

Once again you're failing to differentiate between an organisation and the members who make it. The people within the church, the leaders, are the ones who are covering it up, and in the action of covering it up, and keeping it from the public light, they are in effect not condoning the actions, but hiding the shame. Granted, this makes them as culpable as the offenders, but they aren't condoning the acts. To condone the acts they would have to say that the actions were right, not hide them away.

I'll say it once again; the Catholic church does not condone child molestation. There are corrupt members at all levels of the organisation who would hide the crimes because they seem to think that doing so will protect the church, this is not the same as condonation, not by a long way.

I don't agree that the church should be outlawed, but I think that the religious veil should be lifted so there's nowhere to hide. Transparancy is demanded in all religions, all businesses, and all governments, before a base of trust can be regained.

Archived