Its time for the Catholic Church to close..

I remember in my youth watching Sinead O'Connor ranting on about the Catholic Church and tearing a picture of the pope up. I also remember Frank Sinatra getting involved and requesting she leave the USA. At the time I thought she was bonkers but she was right, She's been banging on about this for decades...

Nearly two decades after the Irish singer Sinead O’Connor tore up a photograph of Pope John Paul II on “Saturday Night Live,” to protest what she said was the Vatican’s responsibility for child abuse, she has called on fellow Irish Catholics to boycott the church until Pope Benedict XVI makes “a full confession” and agrees to “a full criminal investigation” of the church’s role in concealing the sexual abuse of children by members of the clergy.

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/31/sinead-oconnor-calls-for-catholic-boycott/

Spot on....

I don't agree that the church should be outlawed, but I think that the religious veil should be lifted so there's nowhere to hide. Transparancy is demanded in all religions, all businesses, and all governments, before a base of trust can be regained.

I of course absolutely agree with this part at least. Banning religions is not an option in a free society, and religions should lose all of their special exemptions.

Any organisation is only as "good" as the members of said organisation.

Precicely so.

Take for example the actions of the police that shot to death the Brazilian man in the subway, believing him to be a terrorist. The actions of those coppers were illegal, yet his colegues and speriors attempted to cover it up. In order to condone his actions, the police would have had to say that it was legal and be open about everything. As they covered it up they admitted his actions were wrong. The organisation is only as good as its members, true; this is why transparency is the only way to build trust.

Precicely so.

Take for example the actions of the police that shot to death the Brazilian man in the subway, believing him to be a terrorist. The actions of those coppers were illegal, yet his colegues and speriors attempted to cover it up. In order to condone his actions, the police would have had to say that it was legal and be open about everything. As they covered it up they admitted his actions were wrong. The organisation is only as good as its members, true; this is why transparency is the only way to build trust.

I think you and I see the word 'condone' differently.

In my opinion condone does not necessarily mean 'explicitly publicly endorse', it can be a much more subtle tacit approval. By not not properly punishing the offenders, and not properly protecting the victims and making an effort to prevent this in the future they are, in my opinion, condoning their crimes to an extent, a small extent, but its still there, imo.

Yet more examples of abuse by the so called representatives of God..

Tens of thousands of young people abused over a long period. There's no other option but for the Catholic Church to call it a day. Its hell on earth and nothing to do with God..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-16216174

if you think that due to the number of people sexually abused by the Catholic churches representatives, the entire church should be closed. Do you think the same about say, Muslim terrorists who have killed probably the same amount of people if not more over the years, should Islam be shut down too?

Archived