BT.Internet/tv/phone/package

Has anyone else got bt internet/tv and phone package and if so, how do you find it? Just had an interesting tel convo with a canvassser from them trying to get me to move fron Virgin.

I've been with Virgin since they started out as Yorkshire Cable and they are now pants compared with their original service and so expensive ... £50-£60 a month for the basic TV/phone/bb. Toooooo dear!

I junked Sky earlier this year because I thought that £65 per month was just too much.

I've got my broadband, phone and TV with BT. BtVision works perfectly well. I pay extra for Sky Sports 1 and 2, which also work well. BT Broadband and the phone service are both absolutely fine.

I think that I'm about £30 a month better off than I was, and I don't spend all day being bombarded by Murdovision. I'm happy with them.

Dumped Sky as it was getting up to £77 a month and opted for BT Vision.

It gets used a whole lot more than Sky did, the On Demand service is great and my daughters use it all the time.

Also went for unlimited Broadband and phones etc.

Monthly bill averages £40 - £50.

I think I made a good decision.

Thanks for the replies, guys. I'm thinking about it. It's more to do with the fact that Virgin are relentlessly unhelpful rather than the cost, in the end. They can't give you a time for anything, or ring you 20 minutes before they're due to arrive, or do anything that make life easier for the customer.

I need a new cable and rather than just arrange for the cable pullers (who only work in the day) to pull the new cable through from the box and connect it, outside and then let the indoor guy come in the evening to make sure it's all ok. I've got to take a whole day off or arrange for someone else to be there. I mean, why?

I pay £60 a month for the full lot, internet, phone, TV etc.

And as most of our phone stuff is done by mobile, for a few months a year, I dont pay anything at all.

Its not bad, and their backup is OK, if you can get an IT wallah who can speaka da lingo :o:D

I pay £60 a month for the full lot, internet, phone, TV etc.

And as most of our phone stuff is done by mobile, for a few months a year, I dont pay anything at all.

Its not bad, and their backup is OK, if you can get an IT wallah who can speaka da lingo :o:D

Is that with BT, and it includes a mobile?

I don't want to pay that much, I'm paying that with Virgin. If it's going to be the same, may as well stay with them and avoid the upheaval of swapping.

You should call up Virgin, tell them you're getting better offers and see if they can come up with something.

This often seems to work, although it can come down to pot luck as to who you speak to and what they can offer.

Virgin is bizarre at times, I've haggled in Egyptian markets, I didn't expect to have to repeat that with my broadband provider.

I would never touch BT again, their internet service is crap, they throttle you to stupid speeds if you download more than a jpeg.

Instead I use digital regions' superfast FTTC infrastructure and support a local ISP(origin), I then use a media pc utilising freesat for free to air tv, coupled with 'PLEX' media center for on demand TV, downloaded HDTV and blurays.

All this ties into my android Tablet and phone so I can flick from watching TV on the big screen to one of the smaller devices while on the go, due to the fast upload speeds of digital region I can also stream any of my media to anyone else via weblogins.

Archived