The fight for Jerusalem

Did you steal that line from Pirates of the Caribbean 2 ?

They may have stolen it from me.

The Pirates of the Caribbean? The only ones I have ever seen are in Disneyland, in LA, and that was back in the 70's.

I know some gangsters from the Caribbean, but that is a different matter.:D

The most interesting aspect of this Jerusalem docu on the BBC isn't its intended education about Jerusalem history, but the unintended and long overdue education of the British public of the fact the Jews are the indigenous population and the 'palestinians' are the invaders from Arabia.

In fact, the Jewish claims and ownership stretch back almost 4,000 years. It's quite remarkable.

Thankfully the rightful owners are now in control of Jerusalem. Never again should it be allowed to fall into the hands of the Islamic occupiers.

It's also worth noting that Jerusalem has never been the capital of any Arab country or state, let alone the 'palestinians' who were created in 1964.

I just feel sorry for the Jews that their holy place was defaced with a Mosque and Islamic shrine placed on top.

The most interesting aspect of this Jerusalem docu on the BBC isn't its intended education about Jerusalem history, but the unintended and long overdue education of the British public of the fact the Jews are the indigenous population and the 'palestinians' are the invaders from Arabia.

In fact, the Jewish claims and ownership stretch back almost 4,000 years. It's quite remarkable.

Thankfully the rightful owners are now in control of Jerusalem. Never again should it be allowed to fall into the hands of the Islamic occupiers.

It's also worth noting that Jerusalem has never been the capital of any Arab country or state, let alone the 'palestinians' who were created in 1964.

I just feel sorry for the Jews that their holy place was defaced with a Mosque and Islamic shrine placed on top.

The history of the Holy Land is well documented, it is just that this Sebag Montifoure is telling it straight.

He is explaining it in 21st century language.

No one is being bigged up, but he is always reticent about Islam.

No one wants to die do they?

A Place he has not shown has been the Church of the Holy Nativity.

But obviously that is in Bethlehem, not in Jerusalem.

That is weird, you can say all you want that Jesus is an invention.

But when you see that silver star, in that chamber, the hairs rise on your back.

There are certain places that are holy, and that is one.

The history of the Holy Land is well documented, it is just that this Sebag Montifoure is telling it straight.

But when you see that silver star, in that chamber, the hairs rise on your back.

Who said that Jesus was an invention?

EDIT: I haven't been, but I don't think that a man-made star in a man-made chamber will make hairs raise on my back. I guess if you believe that it's the exact spot where a genuine messiah was actually born, then it could have that effect.

I just don't see what Islam has to do with Jerusalem. Absolutely nothing.

Judaism was born there and Christianity grew from Judaism.

Islam was some nonsense created in Arabia. A story was created about Mohammed and a winged horse in order to connect Islam to Jerusalem. I mean, it's beyond even the general farce of religion.

I agree with you about the feeling one gets in Jerusalem or Bethlehem. I'm an atheist through and through without even a shred of faith or even agnosticism - but when I visited these holy places in Jerusalem, I still sensed something. Well, I know what it was - it was deep history. I sensed deep history and rich culture.

Jerusalem's history is basically one massive soap opera. It's plain for anyone to see that the 'palestinians' just do not belong.

Just finished watching Jerusalem and it’s amazing how many deaths and battles have taken place over such a craphole and all in the name of a God, It does make you wonder why God apparently liked the place and people that much that he only visited people that lived there. I think if I had been god I would have picked a much nicer place to visit and a much nicer people to talk to. It’s amazing that there are any Jews, Christian and Muslims left after all the death and suffering they have inflicted on each other. At least the atheist didn’t have a hand in all that death.

Maybe He had Rotherham in mind but instead ended up in Jersusalem after His GPS went haywire

I just don't see what Islam has to do with Jerusalem. Absolutely nothing.

Judaism was born there and Christianity grew from Judaism.

Islam was some nonsense created in Arabia. A story was created about Mohammed and a winged horse in order to connect Islam to Jerusalem. I mean, it's beyond even the general farce of religion.

I agree with you about the feeling one gets in Jerusalem or Bethlehem. I'm an atheist through and through without even a shred of faith or even agnosticism - but when I visited these holy places in Jerusalem, I still sensed something. Well, I know what it was - it was deep history. I sensed deep history and rich culture.

Jerusalem's history is basically one massive soap opera. It's plain for anyone to see that the 'palestinians' just do not belong.

I agree with you.

In my opinion Islam is not a religion at all.

It is just a warlords way of getting his people to agree with him.

But there we are.

We either say they they are peaceful people, if we dont, they cut our heads off. Hobsons Choice really.

So I will say they are a peaceful people.

I should imagine the Jews have felt at times like a yoyo, as different groups of people decided whether they were allowed in, kicked out or killed, I would like to see a program about where they went and how far they travelled each time they were expelled.

Archived