The fight for Jerusalem

I just don't see what Islam has to do with Jerusalem. Absolutely nothing.

Judaism was born there and Christianity grew from Judaism.

Islam was some nonsense created in Arabia. A story was created about Mohammed and a winged horse in order to connect Islam to Jerusalem. I mean, it's beyond even the general farce of religion.

I agree with you about the feeling one gets in Jerusalem or Bethlehem. I'm an atheist through and through without even a shred of faith or even agnosticism - but when I visited these holy places in Jerusalem, I still sensed something. Well, I know what it was - it was deep history. I sensed deep history and rich culture.

Jerusalem's history is basically one massive soap opera. It's plain for anyone to see that the 'palestinians' just do not belong.

But Judaism was born of paganism and paganism was born of lack of understanding and the miracle of water coming out of the ground

At least the atheist didn’t have a hand in all that death.

Because atheist never got a mention. :D

I wouldn't assume that no atheists had a hand in it, just because they weren't mentioned. I think it's pretty fair to say that somewhere down the line there will have been some involved.

I wouldn't assume that no atheists had a hand in it, just because they weren't mentioned. I think it's pretty fair to say that somewhere down the line there will have been some involved.

Mohammed was a pagan, which at that time I would imagine is as near to aethiest as you get.

In his people he was unusual in that he followed the teachings of Abraham and Jesus.

Mohammed was a pagan, which at that time I would imagine is as near to aethiest as you get.

In his people he was unusual in that he followed the teachings of Abraham and Jesus.

Isn't Paganism is the oldest religion? The start of all religions and pagans believed in many Gods, so defiantly weren’t atheists.

Isn't Paganism is the oldest religion? The start of all religions and pagans believed in many Gods, so defiantly weren’t atheists.

But the gods they saw were everywhere, not a God as the creator of everything, as in the Abrahamic religions.

We need to understand what aethiests do not believe in.

Do they not believe in God the creator, and believe in the pagan gods?

Or do they have themselves on the level of animals, with no future for themselves after this life?

But the gods they saw were everywhere, not a God as the creator of everything, as in the Abrahamic religions.

Or do they have themselves on the level of animals, with no future for themselves after this life?

But they still killed people to appease their Gods, atheist have killed people because since Humans started roaming the earth killing is something humans have done. People have killed to survive, killed because they wanted something someone else had; it’s not very unusual in the animal kingdom to kill each other. But to kill someone to make your crops grow, or kill someone because some magical God tells you it’s a good thing to do is maybe just a little strange.

No, they don't believe in any gods at all

Even better than that, we ARE animals, as science has shown.

Some would take this comment as meant to insult, in the same way that someone might say a theist has themselves on the same level as lunatics.

Archived