Does anyone suffer from fallen arches [flat feet]

does anyone have this complaint, i have suffered with this since my teenage years i am told its hireditary i have to wear insoles [plastic] that help me walk normal, BUT i have problems even when wearing insoles in steel toe capped boots [work] within 1 hour my feet become very painful, any one else the same

i have had the insoles as well, but i just couldn't walk right in them. so i continue to suffer with them. i cant say i know how to make the situation a bit better, ohh except the obvious advice the podiatrist gave me, loose weight, exercise and the normal spiel.

i have had the insoles as well, but i just couldn't walk right in them. so i continue to suffer with them. i cant say i know how to make the situation a bit better, ohh except the obvious advice the podiatrist gave me, loose weight, exercise and the normal spiel.

Didn,t Dixon of Dock Green suffer with that. :D

My mother has the oppsoste "problem", she has extremely high insoles; when she was young, doctors proposed that she had it rectified, but as it would have required her to be off her feet for weeks, so she declined.

One of my sons has this, 'pes cavus' I think its called. He had surgery 3 years ago and it seems to have helped. His dad has the same problem, he also had surgery but still suffers badly- it's extremely painful.

My other son has the opposite problem of flat feet as described by the op and wears the plastic insoles which help with his pain.

I hope you find an answer, I've seen with my ex how frustrating and limiting it can be when you're in pain just being on your feet.

Yes me, I have a large callous caused by this on the side of my foot by my little toe, and when I've been on my feet for ages it starts to hurt. Saw podiatrist in June who said she would refer me for physio so they could assess how I walk and so they could make me some insoles, Im still waiting to get an appointment I think they have forgotten.

Archived