Is Miliband coming under pressure as Labour leader?

vinyl

Cameron destroyed him in the last PMq's; Ed Milliband tried to taunt Cameron about the division's between him and Clegg, to which Cameron replied "oh well, at least we're not brothers".

Ouch! :hihi:

You'd think they were just by looking at them though, same nose, same forehead, same smug look ... perhaps they just have different fathers.

the prime minister may have done this, but that doesn't avoid the fact that the office of prime minister has no existance under uk law

I think you will find that the constitution has a legal basis,but the role has evolved by custom and practice on the basis of convention.The title id First Lord of the Treasury.It has no written basis as in the case of the US Constitution,but does exist DE FACTO.

So it wasn't the Prime minister that vetoed the EU treaty last week? it was parliament was it? a parliament containing Libdem and Labour MP's that wouldn't have vetoed it and thought it was a bad idea, and have critisized the prime minister for doing it?

Well the clue is in the title - Prime Minister. There are lots of other Ministers too. Together they form a Government who was installed by the Electorate according to the Constitution.

It's representative democracy. It's not a dictatorship.

If I had my way, Ed Balls would be the leader.

Yes, the great friend of politicians - voter amnesia.

Balls is a thug in a suit who positively would relish the economy crashing. Witness his pathetic arm-waving and shouting 'flatlining' at every opportunity. Trouble is, Balls, we all know what part you, Darling, Brown and Miliband played in screwing the economy.

So who else? Well what about 'bulldog-chewing-wasp' and the luckless sod who's married to Balls - Yvette Cooper (gotta love these politicians - never take their married names and, even though they're all ageing hounds, call themselves 'Ms'). Ah, that'd be the Cooper who introduced the highly successful (for estate agents, that is) HIP tax.

But what about the other Milipede - David? Yes, he's certainly done a decent job of distancing himself from his true feelings, such as stating we'd never have a treaty on Europe while Labour in power.

Yes, Cameron must be shaking...

This is copied from today's Sunday Times regarding the YouGov opinion poll.

Finally on Ed, YouGov asked if Ed Miliband was ever likely to be Prime Minister. Only 17% of people think it is likely, 69% unlikely. Amongst Labour party voters 52% think it is unlikely Miliband will ever be Prime Minister.

I think that says it all.

Archived