Looking for friends of the Wards'

gonetoolong

Did your mum have a sister called , Carol,brother Patrick, then Jean,,shelia. Did you live at the bottom of the maltravers terrace, on wybourne.That would be in the 50/ 60/maybe 70s

Hi

No they were Pat,Kathleen,Christine,Shiela,Tommy,Philip,Alan,Marie and Elizabeth.

All born 40/50s

I was friends with Philip before 1963 when I lived on Stonecliffe Rd and I remember Sheila and Tommy well. My family moved house in November of that year and about the same time Philips family moved to live at Manor Park near the castle. I next met Philip at St Paul's school in September 1965 but he wasn't there long before moving away again. I next bumped into him in 1976 in the bar at the Crucible and then the next time I saw him was Christmas Eve 1995 or '96 on Northern Avenue, Arbourthorne.

We originally met when he shot the girl I was with, Betty Allen, in the knee with a home made bow and arrow. We were probably aged 6 at the time.

I still have a copy of his book "Blagging" and he's on several photographs I have from the early 60's. Hope he's ok.

I was friends with Philip before 1963 when I lived on Stonecliffe Rd and I remember Sheila and Tommy well. My family moved house in November of that year and about the same time Philips family moved to live at Manor Park near the castle. I next met Philip at St Paul's school in September 1965 but he wasn't there long before moving away again. I next bumped into him in 1976 in the bar at the Crucible and then the next time I saw him was Christmas Eve 1995 or '96 on Northern Avenue, Arbourthorne.

We originally met when he shot the girl I was with, Betty Allen, in the knee with a home made bow and arrow. We were probably aged 6 at the time.

I still have a copy of his book "Blagging" and he's on several photographs I have from the early 60's. Hope he's ok.

Hi

Yes it is the same family I think

Thanks for replying.

I am Philip's niece,and I moved to London 30 years ago.

I went to St Oswalds and All Saints (st pauls)

My gran (Phil's mum) died a couple of years ago (her name was Elsie) and I went up for the funeral,but it was thwe year of bad snow so I got to the City rd cemetary too late and everyone had gone so I never got to see him...I quickly saw Shiela though.

I didn't know he had wrote a book,but I have just found it on Amazon and ordered it,it had better be good as it just cost me 20 quid!

We moved to a house on City rd....then Hyde Park flats.

My mum I think still sees him...I will pass a message on to say you remember him.

Hi

Yes it is the same family I think

Thanks for replying.

I am Philip's niece,and I moved to London 30 years ago.

I didn't know he had wrote a book,but I have just found it on Amazon and ordered it,it had better be good as it just cost me 20 quid!

It's a short but challenging read.

The book was also turned into a play which was performed at Sheffield Crucible Studio and in schools by the Crucible Theatre In Education team.

More to Phil than meets the eye! Which was always the way

Archived