You Have Been Warned..

Will you require a gross of Prophylactics ?

Had to google that one....:hihi:

Yes that would be good. I've started my medicine collection today with some paracetomols.......oh that reminds me I need some water purification tablets..

You lucky people reading this who never dreamed of such can be thankful that you will be alive and well in Frankland..

There will be laws like any other, I am starting to compile a list..

1. Because I am by far the best looking, fit and intelligent it is only right that my genes are used to produce the future generations. Therefore, I have bogsies on all the fit birds.

More to follow...:suspect::thumbsup:

Had to google that one....:hihi:

Yes that would be good. I've started my medicine collection today with some paracetomols.......oh that reminds me I need some water purification tablets..

You lucky people reading this who never dreamed of such can be thankful that you will be alive and well in Frankland..

There will be laws like any other, I am starting to compile a list..

1. Because I am by far the best looking, fit and intelligent it is only right that my genes are used to produce the future generations. Therefore, I have bogsies on all the fit birds.

More to follow...:suspect::thumbsup:

There you go...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180643711826?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I was already feeling suicidal before I read Frank 's dire missive-----and now he 's put the tin lid on it.

We have just lost North Korea 's Beloved Leader and we still see Balls on the t.v. nearly every day. I didn 't think things could get worse.

The only problem is deciding how to ' move on ' before the financial typhoon overwhelms us all in our beds ? The pills ? The gas ? A double-decker bus ?

It 's tempting to go into a pub, light up a ciggy, refuse to leave.......and then have a ' stand off ' with some armed police.

Goodbye cruel world.........

:thumbsup::hihi:

Not sure about this year, but in all seriousness, there is no guarantee that the world will remain as nice a place as it has been for the last 50 years for the whole of any of our lifetimes.

This is one (minor) aspect of the reasons why I dedicate so much of my life to being physically capable. If civilisation goes down the pot we'll need to fend for ourselves, and most people in the UK are too soft and out of shape to do that.

Long term threats include:

Nuclear armament by just about everyone, including N. Korea, Pakistan, Israel, and maybe Iran soon. Modern nukes are serious weapons, not like the Hiroshima/Nagasaki pea shooters.

Cyber warfare. Far more scary than you'd think at first glance.

Increasing ease of developing wide-dispersal biological weapons. Japan nearly did it in WW2. Bird flu has recently been engineered to be transmissable in a lab. Hope they're keeping that one well contained, hey? Natural epidemics are always on the horizon too.

Overpopulation, with associated food, energy, water, environmental, and economic hazards.

The possibility of economic and/or social collapse separate to overpopulation. It wouldn't take a catastrophe to sink us economically right now, just the predicted shifts in age demographics combined over the next few decades will be plenty to make life difficult for a lot of people used to having it easy. Especially if combined with Japanese 1990s style stagnation.

The possibility of world wars. The muslim world, Russia, Asia, and even the Americas are potential threats when resources become scarce.

Then there are the really unpredictable ones; meteor strikes, supervolcanoes, earthquakes, nuclear accidents, death of all the bees, tsunamis, an alien invasion, unexpected effects of the looming flip in the earth's magnetic field, unexpected effects of the looming increases in solar activity, Terminator AI scenarios, other unknown cosmogenic threats.

So get doing some sit ups, learn to fight (MMA), learn to move (parkour), and learn how to obtain and use firearms. These are sensible reactions to an uncertain future.

Another aspect to warm the cockles of you festive hearts is the changing weather. We seem to be getting more and more extremes of weather and they're already talking about a drought next summer.

I know its been light hearted to a greater extent on this thread but. believe me, we won't be laughing soon.....:suspect::D

Another aspect to warm the cockles of you festive hearts is the changing weather. We seem to be getting more and more extremes of weather and they're already talking about a drought next summer.

I know its been light hearted to a greater extent on this thread but. believe me, we won't be laughing soon.....:suspect::D

We had a drought in 1976 Frank and it's p.... rained every other flaming summer since:hihi::hihi::love:

Well not if you keep on chewing those wasps:P

Archived