Marriage split up..

px200

I work part time and because he moved in my tax credits has gone down dramatically which means I cannot afford to be financially responsible for them by my wage alone, so the law says because he lives with me he is partly financially responsible, which he hasn't a problem with, but it is a problem because he is also responsible for his own child (rightly so) when my children's father manages to move jobs frequently (he works in construction) and therefore never pays maintenance (the csa are useless in my situation).

In a rounabout way you're right - but it's more about your income being too high to caim tax credits, In law, your partner has no responsibility for your children financial or otherwise.

In a rounabout way you're right - but it's more about your income being too high to caim tax credits, In law, your partner has no responsibility for your children financial or otherwise.

My tax credits have gone down as a result of him moving in so.....

If your theory is right....what about someone on benefits with children? They move a new man in, the benefits stop or reduce significantly as a result of the household wage going up, thus making the new man financially responsible - albeit only whilst he is living with them.

My tax credits have gone down as a result of him moving in so.....

If your theory is right....what about someone on benefits with children? They move a new man in, the benefits stop or reduce significantly as a result of the household wage going up, thus making the new man financially responsible - albeit only whilst he is living with them.

The benefits would stop if there were children involved or not.

Its about household income, rather than a new partner being responsible for someone elses children.

I'm in a similar position to you, but if my OH and i were to split he'd have no financial responsibility for my child.

Archived