So What Have You Achieved In 2011..

Lost a loved one (she left me)

Lost a job (made redundant)

Left in debt (by ex)

Lost the house (due to loosing job)

Currently still homeless, sleeping on mothers sofa....... So, all in all, not much really.

Oh well you still have your mum...

Hopefully, it'll improve next year..:D

Not a lot.

I've broken a lot of stuff or had people break them or just needed them replaced.

Broke: my laptop- keyboard failed , my washer- set on fire , my bath- was leaking, man who came to reseal broke it so it needed replacing, my front door- suspect man who fixed bath broke hinge when he brought bath in as it was same day, my fridge freezer-18 months old and it just stopped working, my kitchen taps- needed replacing, my car- failed its MOT was going to cost more than value of car to fix, on newer car - housing thermostat, clutch, battery.It's been an expensive year.

I left my job at Christmas, did temp work until Sept, got a short term contract then have ended up leaving that at Christmas so back on the temp work after Christmas so money hasn't been great either.

No romantic relationships at all of any description. And not been out as much as I used to due to lack of funds and mates being all loved up now.

All in all it's been a pretty pants year.

Professionally, 2011 was brilliant.

I finally obtained my full professional UK qualification (took me nearly 10 years, but perseverance/if at first you don't succeed, eventually paid off). For most people in the same profession across the world, the UK qualification is generally held with the highest esteem, as the hardest/most rigorous to pass, so not a little chuffed.

As a result, I was recently made a Fellow of the relevant Chartered Institute (so far as I know, I'm the only French person currently on there through qualification (exams)).

I also managed 3/4 of the professional European qualification on my first sitting earlier this year (1 exam to resit in early 2012). No too bad, considering about 1,000 people sit these exams across Europe every year, and the pass rate (all 4 exams at once) is under 3%.

Personally, 2011 was a tragedy, with losing my brother in law to an industrial accident this summer, when everything was finally beginning to go right for him. It's been tough going at home ever since, wife/mother-in-law/widowed partner/kids are all still in complete bits.

On the plus side, my daughter is beautiful, happy, healthy and streaking ahead at school, I got a new nephew in France, a dog, and a new family wagon. Wife started working again, just at the right the time (ref. the above).

So...big ups and big downs throughout 2011, a real emotional rollercoaster of a year.

I could do with 2012 being quieter, tbh (EDIT @ Tess: 'normality' is not overrated).

Absolutely nothing. Nothing has changed in my life for a few years now. I don't know whether to be bored or to be thankful.

I'd be thankful, if I'm honest..see below..:help:

Not a lot.

I've broken a lot of stuff or had people break them or just needed them replaced.

Broke: my laptop- keyboard failed , my washer- set on fire , my bath- was leaking, man who came to reseal broke it so it needed replacing, my front door- suspect man who fixed bath broke hinge when he brought bath in as it was same day, my fridge freezer-18 months old and it just stopped working, my kitchen taps- needed replacing, my car- failed its MOT was going to cost more than value of car to fix, on newer car - housing thermostat, clutch, battery.It's been an expensive year.

I left my job at Christmas, did temp work until Sept, got a short term contract then have ended up leaving that at Christmas so back on the temp work after Christmas so money hasn't been great either.

No romantic relationships at all of any description. And not been out as much as I used to due to lack of funds and mates being all loved up now.

All in all it's been a pretty pants year.

Well Edna that's a pretty poor run of luck. Do you have a go on the lottery? I wouldn't bother you'd probably get caught up in an armed robbery at the till!:hihi:

I have sent some of my extra special vibes through the wires to enable the next year to be a better one..:D:thumbsup:

Oh and Happy Christmas..:suspect:

Lost a loved one (she left me)

Lost a job (made redundant)

Left in debt (by ex)

Lost the house (due to loosing job)

Currently still homeless, sleeping on mothers sofa....... So, all in all, not much really.

Thats one crap year!

I'm sure things can only get better...Good luck.

Archived