Have you had your central heating on yet?

just was interested to know if anyone has still had their heating off because of the costs involved in running it. myself i have manged so far to keep it off, i have a temperature gauge and it been down as low as 8c in the living room. but i find that woolly hats and gloves keep the worst of it out. its a question of heating or eating at the minute, so eating wins!

I have the heating on for the best part of the year for one reason or another. In the Summer months it keeps the pool at a nice constant temperature. For the rest of the year it keeps parts of the main house warm just in case we have guests. The garages are heated from Autumn to spring to keep the cars in tip top condition while not in use.

just was interested to know if anyone has still had their heating off because of the costs involved in running it. myself i have manged so far to keep it off, i have a temperature gauge and it been down as low as 8c in the living room. but i find that woolly hats and gloves keep the worst of it out. its a question of heating or eating at the minute, so eating wins!

Put your heating on even if it's on low. I don't know your circumstances and i don't wish to be rude, but if you are receiving benefits i think there is a hardship allowance that may be available .Failing that a couple of hot water bottles would help.

I have the heating on for the best part of the year for one reason or another. In the Summer months it keeps the pool at a nice constant temperature. For the rest of the year it keeps parts of the main house warm just in case we have guests. The garages are heated from Autumn to spring to keep the cars in tip top condition while not in use.

Of course you do.

I have it on for an hour, turn it off, put it back on a few hours later.

I have to have it on to dry the washing in winter, which can take bloody ages. I know dryers cost a bomb to run, but I'm wondering if the cost of gas to have the heating on for about 3 hours a day to dry the clothes exceeds that now?

People should ignore the price of gas and get the heating on. The price of gas can't kill you, the cold can.

:thumbsup:

It's the week before Christmas, it's been below freezing quite a few times this month. If you don't have the heating on then you'll have something much worse than the gas bill to worry about.

There isn't any point in having central heating if you haven't used it so far this year.

Do you have open fireplaces? If so you could go collecting wood and burn it for heat.

That's what I used to do when I was an impoverished student living on Everton Road next to Endcliffe Park. I would go and chop down a small tree and harvest the wood to see me through the winter months. :)

Archived