Play.com..warning!!

Sent for boxed set of shaft DVD, new, from play.com. It arrived 3 days later about 3weeks ago. Left it unopened for. Safekeeping (other halfs Xmas gift, didn't want him peeking ). Well, opened the package to gift wrap it this wkend and shocked.... Theyr ( bad ) copies!!!!!! Definately at new, and genuine prices. Not even cellophane wrapped and really bad picture when played.

Too late to send back and change. So beware if your sending for anything from here.

Your well within your time limit to send them back, if they aren't 'sold as seen'

Kinda difficult since they were bought online :P lol

I remember buying a DVD from cash converters, and when he went to fetch the disc it was a copy, and he said, legally he couldn't sell it me...so I got it for free, result :D

To be fair, i've bought a cheap Clint eastwood box set before from a very legit company online, and when they've arrived they've been pretty poorly made, it doesn't mean they're 'fake' - you just get what you pay for in many respects, especially when it comes to older titles.

I've bought a DVD from HMV in the past, got it home only to open it to find there was no disc inside the box. I took it back and exchanged it. There was no way of knowing based on the weight of the box.

Manufacturer errors do happen and I'm sure that around this time of year people will have bought early for Christmas and items should be accepted if returned.

Did you buy a genuine copy from Play.com or a second hand one? Play.com, Amazon etc do allow 3rd party retailers to sell products through thier websites. It could be that the copy you bought may have been from one of these 3rd parties?

I have never had any problems with product from Play.com, but I have always made sure it is actually from them and not a 3rd party. Best bet is to dig out your reciept(E-mail) and complain.

Archived