Play.com..warning!!

I ordered a tshirt online at play.com- the money came out of my account yet i never received the tshirt. I emailed play explaining this and after about a week or two they replied saying that if my tshirt had still not come I had to download a form which I then had to complete and send to them in the post. Why this is need I am not sure... I had to decide whether I wanted a new tshirt or if i wanted a refund. As it was for a gift I decided to get a new one sent. After all of this, once play.com had received my form in the post, they emailed me saying that the product was out of stock/ no longer available and they refunded me. As it became quite obvious that play.com didn't sent me the original product due to it being sold out, yet still took the money out of my account I will not use them again. I can only assume a lot of people would get fed up of all the effort needed in order to complain and receive a refund, so it is a good way for them to make money!

The OP must just be unlucky, I've used Play.com for years for DVDs and CDs, and never had many, if any problems.. I wouldn't use them for games though, for those I use Amazon nowadays, previously I used Game but their site is fubar'd at the moment :(

I think you've bought from Play TRADE - this is where third party sellers can flog stuff - just like ebay or Amazon Marketplace.

Play.com do not sell fakes.

http://www.play.com/Helpdesk/Getting_started_with_PT/PlayTrade_FAQ.aspx

Indeed, when you search the item, look if it says

"Sold by Play.com" or "Sold by *name*"

If it says there are cheaper options available eg

£4.99 with free delivery

Also available

New and used from: £3.98

If you click onto the 'also available' items, chances are you buy from PlayTrade (similar to buying from eBay sellers). x

Archived