Favourite western film

grinder

Yes. I think the Unforgiven with Clint Eastwood and Morgan Freeman was also a refreshing slant on traditional western films. Not a speck of glorification anywhere and the clear message that life in the wild west was harsh, mean, callous and mostly unfair to most people. I can't remember a happy moment in that film but I really felt as though I'd had an experience after I watched it. I'm not sure if it counts as a western but have you ever seen Dead Man? It's set in the wild west anyway and is one of the strangest films I've ever seen

Was that the film with Johnny Depp and music by Neil Young ? I watched it but it was wierd. More like a ghost story than a western. Good music by Neil Young though.

Living in those days must have been like being in a speeded up movie. Discovery of areas larger than some countries, civil war, indian wars, muzzle loaders to repeaters to automatic weapons. The horse to the iron horse to the internal combustion engine, with air travel not being that far away, wooden ships to iron ships, the first submarines, what a time to be alive.

Bearing all of this in mind I'm going for 'How The West Was Won'.

Archived