Nazi Fancy Dress

Whenever a fuss is kicked up about somebody famous or a public figure wearing Nazi fancy dress, I always remember Allo Allo and how funny it was, and don't see the problem.

I would imagine Allo Allo wouldn't be allowed now.

I think this "outrage" is just the media telling us we should be offended.

I would imagine Allo Allo wouldn't be allowed now.

I think this "outrage" is just the media telling us we should be offended.

That and Faulty Towers. I suppose that is the distinction isn't it?

If people wear any uniform for a joke I really don't see a problem. (No one expects the Spainsh Inquisition) But if they turn up at a political rally wearing gear as a uniform that is totally different.

I went to a party once where a woman was dressed up in Nazi gear...although I'm not sure the tight, short skirt was ever part of the official Schutzstaffel uniform, and from what I recall she wasn't gassing people and annexing the Sudetenland that night.

Maybe it was her evening off.

You do realise many others were killed too ?

Yes, there were more than one Jew killed, it's probably the reason why so many Caucasus muslims fought for the Nazis.

BTW OP, you forgot to mention that the person in the recent story was a Conservative and also the fact that many NF supporters joined their ranks after the demise of their party.

Wearing a Nazi uniform would offend more than just Jews. How about those still alive who fought in WW2 or the descendents/relatives of those who were killed in air raids. There must be a lot of them in Sheffield. Then there are about 30 million Russians who died defending their country.

I suppose a person has a right under freedom of expression to wear such a uniform.

There's always the odd < removed > around

Wearing a Nazi uniform would offend more than just Jews. How about those still alive who fought in WW2 or the descendents/relatives of those who were killed in air raids. There must be a lot of them in Sheffield. Then there are about 30 million Russians who died defending their country.

I suppose a person has a right under freedom of expression to wear such a uniform.

There's always the odd < removed > around

I think there is a difference between, for example Allo Allo or Fawlty Towers doing humorous impersonations of Nazis, and some tosspot on a stag do dressing up, seigheiling and singing pro Nazi songs, which I believe to have been the case here.

Crass insensitivity at best. I'm not sure the Tory bloke should have lost his Government position though, just because he happened to be in the company of a git.

Archived