Bread Makers - Anyone got one?

So you wouldn't thank me for one christmas then?:(

I'm looking for gifts for my parents and this is my fear.

Have they got a slow cooker ? I wouldn't be without mine. I also have a bread maker and I use it in fits and jerks I can go for months not using it then use it 2 or 3 times a week. Another thing about a bread maker is that they take up a lot of room great if you have lots of space but if not it could just get shoved away in a cupboard never to see the light of day.

So you wouldn't thank me for one christmas then?:(

I'm looking for gifts for my parents and this is my fear.

Ours was a gift from my sister as I make quite a bit of pizza from scratch including the dough. She probably thought I'd use it rather than by hand but I prefer hand-made, it's my way of relaxing if you will.

Both my sister and my mum are on their second bread makers, having killed their first ones with 10 years of faithful service making a loaf most days. I'd love to have one because I know what lovely bread they turn out once you get to know what needs to be put in, but between not having space in the kitchen for another appliance and having problems with slicing the bread because of my gammy arm, I can't justify it.

Archived