Addicted to NRT

If there are no long term studies how do you know it is possible to OD, but then a fool could OD on any number of everyday products even water.

Long term studies are very different to finding out the LD50.

Hence you could theoretically overdose on cannabis if refined and administered in a high enough dose, but not by smoking it.

And you can overdose on nicotine, but it would very hard to do so by smoking it. Being able to mummify yourself in patches or chew lots of gum for example.

I did that. I found quitting Nicorette gum even harder than quitting fags. It took me over a year to give up the gum.

I realised in hindsight that it was making me feel quite ill.

I gave up years ago with a little help from patches , at that time they were not free from the doctors, the patches were quite expensive but a lot cheaper than fags.Best move i ever made.

i stopped smoking new years eve 2006 and went on the 4mg nicotine lozenges, im still on them!, only im now down to the 1mg lozenge and i never go over the 15 a day limit, some days i only have about 5, but i AM addicted to them, ive mentioned it to my doctor and they say its better than the fags, i had been smoking 20+ a day for 30 years.

i must admit i feel a lot better than when i was on the fags ,can breath etc, dont have as much anxiety as i used to either, but i wish i didnt have to rely on the nicotine hit still to this day

GF x

i stopped smoking new years eve 2006 and went on the 4mg nicotine lozenges, im still on them!, only im now down to the 1mg lozenge and i never go over the 15 a day limit, some days i only have about 5, but i AM addicted to them, ive mentioned it to my doctor and they say its better than the fags, i had been smoking 20+ a day for 30 years.

i must admit i feel a lot better than when i was on the fags ,can breath etc, dont have as much anxiety as i used to either, but i wish i didnt have to rely on the nicotine hit still to this day

GF x

If you are really concerned about this problem insist your doctor puts you on some form of withdrawal therapy,best of luck.

You can OD from NRT, it is not without it's dangers.

You might aswell say it's better for your health to be a chronic alcoholic than be on gear.

Nicotine is a relatively safe drug and I don't know of anyone overdosing on it. I don't see any downside to being addicted to NRT apart from the cost.

Nicotine is actually a very interesting drug.

Archived