Outstanding parking

but this is Sheffield, not London....

257. In London it is an offence to park on a pavement unless signs indicate that it is specifically permitted. Throughout the rest of the country there is no national law that bans parking by cars and small vehicles on the pavement.[212] A council wishing to ban pavement parking in a specific area can use Traffic Regulation Orders to this effect.

You MUST NOT park partially or wholly on the pavement in London, and should not do so elsewhere unless signs permit it. Parking on the pavement can obstruct and seriously inconvenience pedestrians, people in wheelchairs or with visual impairments and people with prams or pushchairs.

Parking on the pavement is the only choice on many roads where I live, they're so narrow that if everyone parked on the road no other cars and most importantly emergency services would ever get through.

Resulting in an old dude who lives down the road from me would now be dead, so I say park on the pavement / grass verges and allow ambulances to get through.

Archived