Lazy Meter Readers

I have been with Scottish Power for 3 years, and they have never read my meters once.They did write to me in April however stating that " due to the recent inclement weather conditions we have not managed to read your meters ". 3 years is a long inclement stretch of weather.

I have been with Scottish Power for 3 years, and they have never read my meters once.They did write to me in April however stating that " due to the recent inclement weather conditions we have not managed to read your meters ". 3 years is a long inclement stretch of weather.

That's definitely one hell of a stretch of inclement weather!!!!!.....maybe they have to come from Scotland to read your meters (being Scotish Power)....that's one heck of a jaunt, and they do get bogged down up there from time to time!!! :hihi::hihi::hihi:

The meters are owned by YEDL but the boxes are owned by the owner of the house.The meter readers are from a freelance contracted company so no chance of arranging anything.Yorkshire water have fitted a device to the water meter to enable them to read the meter as they drive past the other companies are behind times.I thought that the meters have to be read once a year for legal reasons.

Archived