Serious advice needed

Why do people still think works pays these days, wages are not good outthere. With 3 kids, he'd have to be a rocket scientist to get a good wage these days.

But good luck to the man, a family is very important. Things will work out in the end, but maybe challenging financially.

Why do people still think works pays these days, wages are not good outthere. With 3 kids, he'd have to be a rocket scientist to get a good wage these days.

But good luck to the man, a family is very important. Things will work out in the end, but maybe challenging financially.

My father provided adequately for 7 children who never wanted for anything,

the only thing he did was work hard.

I try not to give advice, but having a Vasectomy is nothing. I would rather have 10 Vasectomies than one tooth filling, although I would have to be built in a rather unusual way to have 10 snips. I am sure that everything will work out. When I was 27 I was skint, when I was 35 I was rolling in it. Keep your chin up. (Just your chin mind).

Learn to live on a budget.

No television, they're poison for your mind anyway. This immediately cuts TV license and any sky bills etc., anything you really need to watch you can find online.

No car. Learn to walk, cycle, or catch public transport. Cars are a pit to pour money into. I've never owned one in the UK, and for most people there is no need to.

No/minimal heating, just dress up warm. I do not turn my heating on year round. You get used to it pretty quickly.

Research healthy, cheap diets. Good, cheap bulk calorie sources include spaghetti, bananas, potatoes, sweet potatoes, rice, and various other fruit and veg. You'll need some protein and fats too, so buy chicken on BOGOF offers and freeze it, and eat cheap eggs. Red meat is both expensive and unhealthy.

Turn the lights off when you leave a room and invest in some efficient lighting.

Buy second hand clothing and toys from ebay or carboot sales, or at least stick to the cheap end of the high street.

Don't join a gym or pay for sports classes, instead get involved with the Sheffield Parkour group. More effective fitness, and 100% free. Find them at http://www.northernparkour.com.

Obviously any drinking, smoking etc. go straight out of the window, children and financial stability come way before luxuries. Any extra money, spend it on more food.

Follow this advice and you'll end up healthier and happier, as well as less poor.

My father provided adequately for 7 children who never wanted for anything,

the only thing he did was work hard.

Same here!

My dad grafted to provide for us 7 rug-rats,in the days when the only help he got from the government was family allowance.Oh,and my mother worked part-time as well.

Public Transport is a good idea, especially with the almost 6% increase in fares which has just been announced. How much does Internet cost per month ? I suspect more than a Television licence.

Walking and cycling are obviously cheaper than public transport. A car isn't.

You can get broadband internet from around £12 per month including BT line rental, and it's far more versatile than a television. The cheapest deals suck, but they're better than nothing.

Oh forgot to mention, start using VOIP instead of standard telephone services. Also, if you aren't already aware of it, start using Quidco or a similar cashback site for all online purchases (http://www.quidco.com). Not sure if it's still the case but when I first signed up I was able to make about £400 in a weekend by sensibly exploiting the cashback offers offered through quidco by gambling sites. Can only do that once unfortunately but it's still good, for instance I'm expecting £50 back on my home insurance in the next couple of weeks.

Walking and cycling are obviously cheaper than public transport. A car isn't.

You can get broadband internet from around £12 per month including BT line rental, and it's far more versatile than a television. The cheapest deals suck, but they're better than nothing.

Oh forgot to mention, start using VOIP instead of standard telephone services.

Please advise where I can get this from and I shall order it before the end of the day.

Good luck with whatever you choose, at the end of the day you and your wife are the only ones that can choose. Dont make her do anything she really really doesnt want to (and vice versa) as she may resent you and you wont have such a happy but skint home!!

Think you should change your name on here to 'Mr Super Sperm' lol Keep yer chin up!!!

Archived