How does a lady shake a gentlemans hand ?

So much depends on the situation and how well(if at all)you know the person.In a business situation I shake a man or womans hand just the same.In a social situation it depends if you know them or if they are friends of the person introducing you.It can vary between a straight handshake,a handshake with a hand on top or to the upper-arm or even a hug for a man or a woman.And you also have to decide whether a kiss is appropriate as you shake hands.I always try for a kiss on the cheeks(all four of them) if appropriate.The correct form of these greetings just seems to happen!

Incidentally.what does a man do standing up,a woman do sitting down and a dog do on three legs?

Shakes hands of course! lol

If you have:

- Palm up: you are in the submissive position

- Palm down: you are in the dominant position

- Both vertical: an equal position

I was taught if someone forces your vertical hand into a submissive position, then cover it with your other hand. If they then do the same, then you pull forward putting them off balance.

In essence, use equal position, single good shake, firm but not overly tight.

http://www.speechmastery.com/hand-shake.html

Spooky , I love you !, ........that's the kind of site I tried to find but couldn't . I obviously do a " palm pinch" .

Archived