1000's of dogs slaughtered in ukraine.

I've been to the Ukraine and along with the majority of Black Sea countries these places are overun with feral dogs. Ukraine is pretty bad but by far the worst is Romania ... packs of them wandering Constanta's inner city streets to the point they become menacing to passers by.

I suppose realistically there has to be a cull otherwise the streets would be turned over to them but I should imagine there is a better way of doing it than selling their fur for hats?

As for the Ukraine there are many human right issues that need addressing first like the use of frail pensioners to remove bill posters and scrape chewing gum up off the streets.

Street drinkers in abundance who turn the parks into no go areas, get all that sorted out before start worrying about the welfare of dogs?

Spot on Sedith.

I know those countries very well myself and it is necessary to have these culls from time to time. Of course, they could try and stop them from breeding - I think they tried that in Romania a few years ago - but obviously it's expensive to do that and we are talking very poor countries here. And that's another reason why the fur may be used for clothing.

Spot on Sedith.

I know those countries very well myself and it is necessary to have these culls from time to time. Of course, they could try and stop them from breeding - I think they tried that in Romania a few years ago - but obviously it's expensive to do that and we are talking very poor countries here. And that's another reason why the fur may be used for clothing.

One of the problems where we live in the south 0f the Ukraine is people buying dogs and then when they grow to big for the flats they just turn them out into the streets to fend for themselves.Dobermans,rottweillers and the like.

Archived