Help with car lights?

I have a july 2004 citreon picasso desire, my rear nearside indicator is not working, i have changed bulb and now main light works but not my indicator..we have tried both ways of putting bulb in , but no joy. Does anyone know if it could be the bulb holder that is faulty or what the problem maybe?????:help:

I have a july 2004 citreon picasso desire, my rear nearside indicator is not working, i have changed bulb and now main light works but not my indicator..we have tried both ways of putting bulb in , but no joy. Does anyone know if it could be the bulb holder that is faulty or what the problem maybe?????:help:

Check the mulitpin connecter, provided you have fitted the correct bulb in the correct bulb holder then Check the new bulb against the old one, pay attention to the position of the locating pins.If you think you have got the bulbs in the wrong holder check the other side for the correct way to fit them.

my husband has already checked both ways of the locating pins..one way bulb is a dim light with no indicator...the other way was a bright light but still no indicator???????? we have checked bulb and it is the right one.

The bulb was designed to only fit one way so it must have been forced in.If you are sure the bulb is the correct one check the bulb holder on one side the pin locator is lower than the other ,that bulb is the stop and tail light not the indicator.

my husband has already checked both ways of the locating pins..one way bulb is a dim light with no indicator...the other way was a bright light but still no indicator???????? we have checked bulb and it is the right one.

that's a Stop/Tail bulb you are fitting, hence the bright/dim, it will have 2 "lumps" on the bottom, would have thought Indicator would only have 1, same as my 307. Where are you, if you need assistance, pm me

that's a Stop/Tail bulb you are fitting, hence the bright/dim, it will have 2 "lumps" on the bottom, would have thought Indicator would only have 1, same as my 307. Where are you, if you need assistance, pm me

the bulb we took out had 2 lumps at the bottom , this is what we replaced it with from halfords, there are 2 prongs in the bulb holder, not just one like the others????? my husband is just out having another look now :confused:

Archived