Suarez- guilty as charged

ChrisT70

liverpool fc have now accepted the verdict and will not be appealing, ban started tonight against man city.

wonder when they will publicly apologise to Evra for insinuating he was a liar and publicly supporting Suarez all along. wonder what this weekends t shirts will proclaim "we were racist too" !!!!!

any comments from those who defended liverpool and suarez on this thread?

latest on sky sports news, dalgleish stands by suarez and said that the statement issued tonight by suarez was "brilliant". Suarez said tonight that the word "*****" is used commonly at home and isnt therefore racist, and the allegations against him therefore do not count.

Dalgleish has sunk even lower in my estimation tonight. liverpool are now saying they wont appeal but want to draw a line under it

The issue has been dealt with, Liverpool FC have accepted it, they are entitled to back their employee who cost/s them a lot of money, time to move on and get over it, no one was killed or injured, keep things in perspective and carry on :thumbsup:

bloody ridiculous ban for a few stupid words evra should have just got on with the game and stop being spoilt brat

tell anton ferdinand that. and john barnes when people used to throw bananas at him on the pitch. there is no need for it in football, he could quite easily have called him short arse or stumpy to wind him up if thats what he wanted to do without making it a racist slur. deserved what he got he's a nasty piece of crap.

bloody ridiculous ban for a few stupid words evra should have just got on with the game and stop being spoilt brat

Not even slightly ridiculous. If you did the same thing at a match, you could get prosecuted.

Suarez has been treated pretty leniently in my opinion.

I am from Uruguay and this is my opinion: Suarez was not inviting Evra for dinner. He is not a racist, surely, but has the embebed social racism wmost of us have (everywhere). Still, I think it´s very hypocritical to punish him so hard. When you are playing football, and struggling, you call the opponent anything, bold, fat, black, whatever is most handy. That is the real scenario. You don´t really mean that, you are just insulting in the "heat of the battle", just like players get insulted constantly by the crowds. So let´s be less hypocritical and not crucify Suarez, when most of us still have this embebed racism. Let´s improve yes, and try to get rid of it, but not point in a single direction.

Saludos a todos.

In Uruguay that behaviour may be acceptable but here in the UK it's not acceptable to racially abuse someone to try to gain an advantage. That's the fact of the situation.

Archived