Suarez- guilty as charged

ChrisT70

it didnt seem to bother john barnes then or now

Judging Barnes by his performances playing for England compared to playing for Liverpool the racist abuse he received from his own fans seemed to weigh heavy on his performances.

i have a friend of rather large sturdy build and strong nature who would flatten the first person to "nip" his arm and refer to him as a "*****" or "negrito" and with fair reason.

quite a strange response to this in certain circles, probably liverpool club/fans who are desperate to retain suarez come what may and dont want him throwing his toys out of the cot and returning back to where its acceptable.

Find it rather pathetic to see Liverpool backing Saurez over this.

What might be acceptable in his country is not acceptable here and if he had not been punished for what he said then it would set a precedent that other foreign players could say these words and use the very lame excuse "its allowed back in our country".

8 game ban is getting off lightly because anyone else in most jobs would of got the sack. Banning him for the rest of the season is what I would of done just to make an example to any foreign players that this is not acceptable.

i have a friend of rather large sturdy build and strong nature who would flatten the first person to "nip" his arm and refer to him as a "*****" or "negrito" and with fair reason.

quite a strange response to this in certain circles, probably liverpool club/fans who are desperate to retain suarez come what may and dont want him throwing his toys out of the cot and returning back to where its acceptable.

You've got to feel sorry for Suarez really he would seem to have social skills that would make the severely autistic wince. He must have had a tough life regularly getting beaten up simply because people interpreted his totally genuine attempts at conflict resolution as being intended to do just the opposite.

You can just picture the scene; Suarez down the pub he accidentally jostles a large black man, who-is out with a few mates, causing him to spill his drink:

Man who's just had his drink spilled - watch where you're going mate

Suarez - A thousand apologies *****

Suarez then playfully head butts the man to further try and calm the situation.

Suarez later to the doctor treating him in causality - Why does this keep on happening to me, why?

You've got to feel sorry for Suarez really he would seem to have social skills that would make the severely autistic wince. He must have had a tough life regularly getting beaten up simply because people interpreted his totally genuine attempts at conflict resolution as being intended to do just the opposite.

You can just picture the scene; Suarez down the pub he accidentally jostles a large black man, who-is out with a few mates, causing him to spill his drink:

Man who's just had his drink spilled - watch where you're going mate

Suarez - A thousand apologies *****

Suarez then playfully head butts the man to further try and calm the situation.

Suarez later to the doctor treating him in causality - Why does this keep on happening to me, why?

:hihi:

liverpool now apparently wanting to defuse the situation before they next meet. fergie wasnt having a bar of it!

Find it rather pathetic to see Liverpool backing Saurez over this.

What might be acceptable in his country is not acceptable here and if he had not been punished for what he said then it would set a precedent that other foreign players could say these words and use the very lame excuse "its allowed back in our country".

8 game ban is getting off lightly because anyone else in most jobs would of got the sack. Banning him for the rest of the season is what I would of done just to make an example to any foreign players that this is not acceptable.

My bold

So let's get this straight Liverpool are pathetic for backing their player for saying something offensive, what do you reckon to your club who are clearly backing their star striker by playing him ?

My bold

So let's get this straight Liverpool are pathetic for backing their player for saying something offensive, what do you reckon to your club who are clearly backing their star striker by playing him ?

Isn't he innocent until proven guilty?

Isn't he innocent until proven guilty?

He is indeed, but if found guilty should that make United worse than pathetic, based on the fact that another poster thinks Liverpool are pathetic for standing by Suarez. Most clubs stand by their players, why should Liverpool be any different ? Oh hang on, nothing worse than being a racist or being associated with one, is there ....... silly me :suspect:

Archived