Suarez- guilty as charged

ChrisT70

He is indeed, but if found guilty should that make United worse than pathetic, based on the fact that another poster thinks Liverpool are pathetic for standing by Suarez. Most clubs stand by their players, why should Liverpool be any different ? Oh hang on, nothing worse than being a racist or being associated with one, is there ....... silly me :suspect:

So you believe that United are pathetic for following the basis of our legal system? It's an interesting belief, and you are free to believe whatever you want to.

So you believe that United are pathetic for following the basis of our legal system? It's an interesting belief, and you are free to believe whatever you want to.

No I believe United have done the right thing and Liverpool have too, Suarez has been offensive nothing more nothing less but the witch hunt mentality surrounding certain people who are racist makes some want him hung drawn and quartered.

No I believe United have done the right thing and Liverpool have too, Suarez has been offensive nothing more nothing less but the witch hunt mentality surrounding certain people who are racist makes some want him hung drawn and quartered.

Society deems what it tolerates and what it doesn't, and our society has turned away from the sort of behaviour that Suarez exhibited. The interesting thing about Suarez's and Liverpool's behaviour is that if they'd steered away from demonising Evra and apologised for his behaviour straight away it would have all blown over by now.

Society deems what it tolerates and what it doesn't, and our society has turned away from the sort of behaviour that Suarez exhibited. The interesting thing about Suarez's and Liverpool's behaviour is that if they'd steered away from demonising Evra and apologised for his behaviour straight away it would have all blown over by now.

exactly the point. it would have been old news by now, instead they are selling t shirts outside anfield supporting suarez now.

My bold

So let's get this straight Liverpool are pathetic for backing their player for saying something offensive, what do you reckon to your club who are clearly backing their star striker by playing him ?

Should the Blades release a statement, should he be convicted stating that it was just 'harmful banter' and that the victim has a history of these claims, and that someone in his family has been raped before, so therefore makes it ok for him to do it and also that it is ok in the country that he comes from, then yes they would be pathetic.

As it is, they are currently playing a player who has been accused of something, innocent till proven guilty... Problem with that, then take it up with the authorities.

Apologising is an admission of guilt in todays society and that could be why he and Liverpool took the course that they did, maybe they were advised to do what they did .... just a thought !

Should the Blades release a statement, should he be convicted stating that it was just 'harmful banter' and that the victim has a history of these claims, and that someone in his family has been raped before, so therefore makes it ok for him to do it and also that it is ok in the country that he comes from, then yes they would be pathetic.

As it is, they are currently playing a player who has been accused of something, innocent till proven guilty... Problem with that, then take it up with the authorities.

Read the whole thread Robbie I was trying to make a point which you clearly have missed !

I've read the whole thread.

Your point towards Ched and Suarez are massively different, and I actually can't see why you brought it up.

They are indeed massively different Robbie, if Ched is found guilty he won't just get an 8 match ban !

Probably not the best way of making a point but hey, there was Bladesman stating how pathetic Liverpool were for standing by Suarez, personally I don't see why they should not :thumbsup:

They are indeed massively different Robbie, if Ched is found guilty he won't just get an 8 match ban !

Probably not the best way of making a point but hey, there was Bladesman stating how pathetic Liverpool were for standing by Suarez, personally I don't see why they should not :thumbsup:

Depends on your definition of 'standing by him'.

They'd be parting with a lot of money by dumping him, they'd also be parting with possible future transfer fees and extra prize money he will help them towards.

But I think the statements produced by Liverpool and the t-shirts, were not a good idea from a club who is trying to promote ridding racism from football.

Archived